Even non-Nexus devices get 4.2 before VZW Nexus Owners
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3
0 Likes
Re: Even non-Nexus devices get 4.2 before VZW Nexus Owners
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wifi only device there. It doesn't surprise me nor does it bother me.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

I'm really not surprised that it doesn't bother you, Ann. After all, nothing about Verizon's failure to update the Nexus has bothered you. As the President of the "Verizon Apologists Club" you have a duty to come to VZW's defense.

Maybe if you knew what you were missing you'd be a bit peeved about it. I have a device that runs on 4.2(a Nexus 7) and I would love to have it on my handset as well. Btw, the Nexus handsets on Sprint that are operating on newer versions of Android aren't WIFI only? They are CDMA devices just like our Verizon Wireless devices.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would rather Verizon Wireless make sure they get it right the first time instead of pushed too early.

PS. I see the Asus TF700T (Transformer Pad Infinity) model  is slated for the 4.2 update in Q2. I will definitely be waiting for that one too as I have that tablet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

If you honestly believe the holdups are due to "continued testing" then there is nothing that will ever convince you otherwise. Other carriers have newer versions of Android on the Galaxy Nexus and have had them for months. My father in law has the sprint handset and he hasn't had any issues. I have not seen an abundance of complaints on any other sites regarding problems with the updates on Sprint handsets.

If the newer versions are working well on other handsets then there is no excuse for Verizon's delay. Continuing to say they are "testing the software" is bogus and we all know it.

DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

Totally agree.

0 Likes
DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

You mean like when they make darn sure that their c**pware they have on the playstore works so well because they test the heck out of it?  And why when it breaks on versions of android that have been out for at least 6 months and it still doesnt work, is a statement of the quality job they do with their software capabilities?  Carseller is spot on.... such arguments are  bogus.  I work at a software company we do what we can... we try to plan for all major use cases.  I'm sure VZW is no exception there.... but where I work, we don't use this absolute rubbish excuse to hold back on our customers.   We're not so bold as to certify our software as bug free, because if you did, you'd never release anything.  Data corruption?  Ok.  Major use case breakage?  Ok.  But I've got 4.2.2 on my nexus 10 and Sprint has 4.2.1 on their GNEX.  We sure as heck would know by now if there was a big problem...  In my company if we release something with a bug *we fix it*, and that's what Google does too!!!!  We don't play stupid games...and we sure as heck don't stand in the way of bugfixes that would benefit us and the customer...  Unless there is a showstopper like I've described, that is another story... by the measure of the delay VZW has subjected us to, there must be so many flaws in android that it warrants never releasing another update again.  Please don't tell me that Sprint cares less about this than VZW... they managed to get their update out... although they shouldn't be proud about how long it took either, but VZW would have us believe they are better than sprint.  The behavior i've seen in this arena would suggest otherwise.