Exchange causing factory reset??
chearring

Hi everyone. I have had the Samsung Fascinate for a little over a week now, and I am having a HUGE problem. I have already taken it back and am now on the second phone because every time I setup my corporate account with Exchange, shortly after that the phone performs a factory reset ON ITS OWN. It has done this 5 times. The last time, I had just taken the phone back to the Verizon store, got a brand new replacement phone. Within 1 hour of setting up my Exchange email account, the phone reset itself again. I finally threw my hand up and I have refused to set up the work email on my phone. I want to know if anyone else has experienced the same problem??? The email works great, but I think its something to do with the IT Policy password. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Exchange causing factory reset??
Cummins
Enthusiast - Level 3

What version exchange server are they using, are they using a valid ssl certificate for the owa server?

Sounds like your IT has some strict rules in place for owa, or they run it thru a proxy server.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Remember reading somewhere about an exchange bug where it would factory reset if the password was entered incorrectly even ONE time but can't seem to find it now. 

0 Likes
chearring

We use 2003. No proxy for the Exchange server. Waiting on an answer for the other questions.

When you ask this: are they using a valid ssl certificate for the owa server? I was told to uncheck 'Use secure connection (SSL)'. What problems would that cause??

0 Likes
chearring

PJNC284 wrote:

Remember reading somewhere about an exchange bug where it would factory reset if the password was entered incorrectly even ONE time but can't seem to find it now. 

I certainly hope they fixed that. it is VERY easy to enter the wrong password. Especially when you are just getting used to the Swype technology.

0 Likes
Cummins
Enthusiast - Level 3

We have 2003 also, just port 443 open in the firewall for https traffic directly the net.

You want to use ssl, so keep that box check.  I left everything stock per say when I did my setup, no problems.

I also use the full name of the server    mail.serverblah.com   and full active directory account name   domain\userid for userid.  I also filled in the domain field also.

We pay verisign for a valid ssl cert.  I was wondering if android has a issue with invalid certs. I would doubt it, but you never know.  If you can get to it thru IE/firefox fine with no errors, then the cert is ok.   https only.

0 Likes
Cummins
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have entered mine wrong several times, never did reset.   had to remove the acct and re-add it back to get the correct password after I changed password due to our policys.

0 Likes
chearring

Cummins wrote:

We have 2003 also, just port 443 open in the firewall for https traffic directly the net.

You want to use ssl, so keep that box check.  I left everything stock per say when I did my setup, no problems.

I also use the full name of the server    mail.serverblah.com   and full active directory account name   domain\userid for userid.  I also filled in the domain field also.

We pay verisign for a valid ssl cert.  I was wondering if android has a issue with invalid certs. I would doubt it, but you never know.  If you can get to it thru IE/firefox fine with no errors, then the cert is ok.   https only.

Just found out we are not currently using SSL. That's why I was told to uncheck it. It is worth as shot to check the box anyway? I just don't want to have to reload all of my custom settings again. For the 6th time.

0 Likes
stevewags13

Hi, I'm having the same exact issue.  Did you ever find any resolution to it or have you just decided to not put your work email on your phone?

0 Likes
drusi

I feel like you were explaining my exact problem.  I've had my Fascinate for just over a week and it has done a factory reset 5 times.  I took back the first phone and it has already done it again with the new phone.  Our exchange server requires a password on the phone and I have suspected that something is triggering the exchange server to send a reset to the device but I don't know how that would happen technically.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  I am considering taking the phone back because I need my corporate e-mail to work.

0 Likes