FASCINATE POOR QUALITY PHONE AND VERIZON KNOWS IT
fascinatejunk

I have brought my fascinate in to Verizon stores many times and complained about the signal issues on this phone, the email syncing, quality of the calls, GPS not working and freezing issues. Verizon has no answers for you they tell me that the email issues didn't work because its a Google issues. Well 4 months later I found a new email app Mail Droid that handles the yahoo accounts with no issues; however the app is a bit slow. When I make calls many people have complained that they hear tremendous amount of background noise, so calls are cut off quicker. I am unable to make a call from my house, which was not an issue with previous Verizon phones I have had for the past 7 years. Also if you use Google navigation application it will take approx 20 to 30 minutes for the GPS to find your location; however after owning this phone for 3 months I learned that if you turn on the Google Nav app and turn on the VZ nav app at the same time VZ and Google find the GPS a lot quicker. By the way you  can't delete the VZ app from the phone. My phone freezes at least once a day and also was noted by one of the reps at the store who witnessed the issue. I really like the screen on the phone. But that's all I can say positive about it. I wonder why Verizon is just about giving this phone away. I feel Verizon never tested this phone on their network. Do yourself a favor don't buy this phone.

I must note that a friend has the Samsung Vibrant, which is the Galaxy on T- Mobile his phone has better reception every where we went that day and also the web browsing seemed faster and the Google Nav app worked without a hitch. Not sure what Verizon did to this phone. By the way when are we getting 2.2 update isn't 2.3 coming out in a few days. Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: FASCINATE POOR QUALITY PHONE AND VERIZON KNOWS IT
jhieber
Sounds like your phone, Mine works great, I have the same signal quality I had with my BlackBerry. I don't use the GPS since I own 3 units already so I can't comment on that.
0 Likes
fascinatejunk

Well, not sure if you got a special one, because my wife also has the same phone and has the same experience. Do you work for Verizon or Samsung. Why do you think the phone is going for 49 dollars. That should be the biggest hint of the piece of junk they are selling us.

0 Likes
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
Sounds fishy to me, my fascinate is flawless, better reception then my wifes Incredible, crystal clear phone clarity, and emails show up in less then 2m minuets of being sent on the factory mail apps (both yahoo and G-mail. The GPS is a little slow to lock (2-4 minuets if gps is not left on) but 30 minuets, I think your stretching the facts a bit with that. I only use google navigation. I do believe that samsung released a batch of defective units because a close friend of mine bought a fascinate about 6 weeks ago and was having signal issues, would go from full to nothing every 5 seconds or so. Verizon replaced the unit twice before he revived the third unit and it's perfect. If you are still inside your 30 day satisfaction guarantee, take it back and get the X. The you can deal with a whole new set of issues! Take a peak at that forum and decide for yourself. I would have Verizon replace the unit again and go from there.
0 Likes
OsheaG
Contributor - Level 2

I recommend that you update your PRL.  To complete this process, please:

1. Power on your Verizon Wireless phone.
  2. Dial *228 from your home digital coveragearea, followed by the SENDkey.
  3. When prompted, press option #2, to update your phones roamingcapabilities (This process may take up to 2 minutes).
  4. Once completed, a confirmation message will be played, and a message will display on the phone screen. 

Here is a link for your assistance:     

http://support.vzw.com/clc/faqs/Wireless%20Service/faq_prl_preferred_roaming_list_update.html

0 Likes