Re: FEELING SOMEWHAT LIKE A HOSTAGE?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
All employees of Verizon on this website will have as their titles either "Verizon Employee", "Moderator", or "Administrator". They will also have a Verizon logo as their avatar.

As a society, we have a lot of terms and names of things that we shorten to their first letters. With your logic about the Early Termination Fee (ETF), do you feel everyone works for the government if they knew what IRS, OSHA, FCC, DOT, DOL, DEA, CIA, FBI USDA, and FTC all meant?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
If you are really that upset, FIX IT! It's almost impossible to brick a android, take 30 min and read up on how to (edit) your phone, download what you want (links will be on the page your reading) and POW, no more problem. You don't have to be a tech nut to do it. The compleat EB01 with all the VZW blot included and works flawlessly is readily available to those who really want it and are just that unhappy with 2.1. As was said before, either put up or fix it yourself. Either way, we don't need another thread with nothing but threats and complaints over not having froyo and I was lied to. When someone doesn't do what they tell me they are going to do, I take care of it on my own. I couldn't be happier with my Fascinate now!
0 Likes
lindad8284

We should not have to be performing software surgery on our phones to make them work properly. I'm very glad that you are so happy with yours, but please do not berate people for expecting a software upgrade that every other carrier with a Galaxy S phone has pushed out already.

It's not that I'm unhappy with 2.1 but  when we ask and they  respond, it's a stupid canned statement that tells us nothing or it's something too stupid to believe  Here is a great example. I sent an email to Verizon and got a response yesterday. You know who they are blaming? Google. Here is what the email says:

"Verizon has yet to obtain any credible feedback from Google, regarding the release of a 2.2 device firmware for the Samsung Fascinate Smartphones. Once available, the OS release will be automatically delivered to your handset for download and installation.

Based on the lack of available feedback, we are unable to advise of any projected time frame for any such release, as it may cause an unmet expectation.

The Droid operating system is proprietary software by Google. Thus, Google determines when any related updates will be available to which Droid operated Smartphones, and therefore cannot predict and or indicate when any such updates will be available on the Samsung Fasicanate Smartphones. I apologize for any related inconvenience."

Unbelieveable. The most glaring thing was that she called it the Droid operating system. Droid is not an operating system, it's a phone.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

verizon never gives info out ahead of time.  its just the way they do things

but if people must have flash and dont want a trip to the dentist there is always skyfire for a web browser

0 Likes
jkensing

I would have chosen another manufacturer if I would have known that Samsung didn't support their devices with upgrades.  I could have had the Droid2 or DroidX and that's what I went in the store looking to buy.  I was told by the salesperson with Verizon that the Galaxy update would be coming any day now so I changed my mind based on the sales person information.  I am now stuck in a contract with a phone that probably would have never received the update if it weren't for the outcry.  I don't believe it was Samsung intention all along.

I have to ask, how can another manufacturer deliver the update and Samsung cannot?  How can new products support 2.2 or 2.3 but the Galaxy cannot?  The galaxy is basically as it was out of the box.  Shame on Samsung every time I went to show anyone the phone when I first got it I couldn't show them the GPS because it took so long to lock on.  I tend to give friends and family advise on products and so far I haven't recommended the Samsung product.  It's too bad because if testing the devise on the updated OS was a priority, it could have been worked out by now.  Afterall, It was worked out by other manufacturers.  Most users are not going to want install this themselves.  I am somewhat techy I figure things out with research but I'm not going to chance messing with my phone I use it for work.  If I mess something up then I'm to blame.

Everyone has a right to be upset.  For the money spent on monthly contracts,etc... products should be better supported.  If we weren't locked into a contract, would Verizon push the manufacturer harder to deliver what we want???  It's a reflection on both the carrier and manufacturer.  I don't care who is to blame their in this together.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

the fasscinate does support 2.2, and it runs it very well. and samsung is no worse than htc, and many other phones with updates. STOP COMPLAINING!!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

M91-30 wrote:

and samsung is no worse than htc, and many other phones with updates.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that.  HTC has the best reputation in providing updates in a timely manner while samsung is and always has been notoriously slow in getting out updates to their US devices. http://blogs.computerworld.com/17649/android_upgrades

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

but it seems like samsung leaks more roms, allowing people to do what they want before its official

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am just about to the point where I will notify verizon that I have had enough of the waiting for a cell that does not perform as advertised. 

Really?  Where in your written documentation did they put the clause for the froyo update?  I read my contract and couldn't find that part.

Many fascinate owners on Verizon's own forum have talked about the legality that Samsung and Verizon have toward their customers. How many of these do you think know the LAW for all that legality you speak of?
Is it ethical to hold your customers hostage while waiting for a promised update? What?  Hostage? Do you need to be rescued?  Are you being held at gun point? Or did you simply run into your particular situation head first and fully aware of the facts?
Of course if we are not pleased with their performance we can always go elsewhere, that is after paying a hefty early termination fee to a company whose best performance is not providing to its customers. Seriously, Why don't you try one of the other top providers and then come on back and tell me if you felt all warm and fuzzy after a discrepancy with them!  Laughable!.
All we want is a fascinate that will perform rock solid as advertised. Uhm, it does.
If we wanted a cell phone that is only good for phone calls, texting and a camera we could have saved a ton of money and got just a regular simple cell phone. If you can can only call, text and use your camera is this an operator situation or do you think you should turn you phone in for a replacement?  Mine emails, connects to the net, downloads, saves files, loads apps, stores lots of data and all that other stuff that WAS ACTUALLY ADVERTISED that it could do.

"Can you hear me now!?" Well of course they can, have you seen the network?  Geez.

0 Likes
kgmclean

I had an HTC phone previously to this one, and i waited forever for the update and when the update finally came it completely ruined a perfectly good phone.  This is my personal opinion but i dont think i would go as far as saying that HTC is so much better and they absolutly will not talk to you if you have an issue with the phone they refer you to your carrier.  Again just a personal note, not that this goes for everyone.  I love my fascinate the way it is, and praying the update that comes out wont ruin it too!!

0 Likes