Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FROYO 2.2 UPDATE FOR SAMSUNG FASCINATE
Ross97338

Today 3/13/2011  I again wrote to samsung for an explanation as to what is taking so long to get the 2.2 update out for us fascinate owners the following is the response I received from Samsung ...

Thank you for your inquiry.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.  Regarding your concern, Samsung feels it is important to make the Android 2.2/Froyo upgrade available only after we feel that we can give the millions of U.S. Galaxy S owners a simple and reliable upgrade experience. Due to the complexity and unique functionality of each Galaxy S device, we are performing additional testing and are working to make the Android 2.2/Froyo upgrade available to all U.S. Galaxy S owners, as soon as possible.

Should this be available, it will be posted in our website or you will be informed by your service provider.

Please feel free to check with us periodically for updates

Thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products.

Sincerely,

Technical Support
Kaye

SO IT LOOKS AS IF THEY HAVE NOT GIVEN THE SOFTWARE TO VERIZON YET AND ARE STILL TWEAKING IT THEMSELVES ,

IM SERIOUSLY DISAPPOINTED AND  REALLY HATING IT RIGHT NOW , SAMSUNG YOU HAVE PROBABLY JUST LOST ANOTHER CUSTOMER.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: FROYO 2.2 UPDATE FOR SAMSUNG FASCINATE
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi.

Verizon Wireless began pushing Android 2.2, Froyo, to the Samsung Fascinate on April 21, 2011.  Enhancements include support for Adobe Flash Player.  You can visit www.verizonwireless.com/fascinatesupport for more information and download instructions for the software update. Customers will also be able to download the update manually by going to Settings > About Phone > Update Phone.

Thank you for your patients,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Novice

With the many months that have passed, samsung and verizon still have not released the froyo update, it does not look like we will ever get the froyo update or gingerbread! They have not even made a statement as to how much longer it will be before we get the update.

If they are not going to release it then they should allow their customers to R&R their cells with the understanding that if it turns into a brick then samsung and verizon will replace it with a new cell that has at least froyo 2.2 on it! What would be better is to allow us to swap our cells for the cell of our choice, like the Apple iPhone 4.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Novice

Ross97338 wrote:

Today 3/13/2011  I again wrote to samsung for an explanation as to what is taking so long to get the 2.2 update out for us fascinate owners the following is the response I received from Samsung ...

Thank you for your inquiry.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.  Regarding your concern, Samsung feels it is important to make the Android 2.2/Froyo upgrade available only after we feel that we can give the millions of U.S. Galaxy S owners a simple and reliable upgrade experience. Due to the complexity and unique functionality of each Galaxy S device, we are performing additional testing and are working to make the Android 2.2/Froyo upgrade available to all U.S. Galaxy S owners, as soon as possible.

Should this be available, it will be posted in our website or you will be informed by your service provider.

Please feel free to check with us periodically for updates

Thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products.

Sincerely,

Technical Support
Kaye

SO IT LOOKS AS IF THEY HAVE NOT GIVEN THE SOFTWARE TO VERIZON YET AND ARE STILL TWEAKING IT THEMSELVES ,

IM SERIOUSLY DISAPPOINTED AND  REALLY HATING IT RIGHT NOW , SAMSUNG YOU HAVE PROBABLY JUST LOST ANOTHER CUSTOMER.

Those four words I put in red is what caught my eye.  They don't even have a clue if it will even be released !!!!!!!!!!!!

Folks FROYO is out there, go get it and don't worry about the official version.  Enough of the waiting game madness these fools are putting you through.

0 Likes
gsp10
Samsung Just lousy another customer here :smileyhappy: screw the galaxy s 2 and verizon for not enforcing samsung to release this update like all the other carriers did
0 Likes
Droidbotics
They're not going to release it until after the Galaxy S 2 comes out.
0 Likes
gsp10
how do you know this? It could be months before that phone gets to the usa and by then 2.4 will be out
0 Likes
godbuddha

Forget about sumsung for now and concentrate on verizon being a loyal customer and spending money with them every month is enough. they should be the one to put foot to butt to samsung. with pressure for its customer and i mean everyone it makes things happen lets get it together.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Novice

I have been running froyo for two months. It is very stable.

But follow the Money who has most to gain.

I don't think it is samsung

I think it is Verizon it won't come out until verizon is ready and I think it is all to do with marketing.

Samsung has a stable build done and it has been done.

So it will most likley will never  come out.It might hurt sales of new phones and contracts.

0 Likes
M91-30
Novice

samsung is trying to fix a problem with froyo NO OTHER MANUFACTURER HAS TRIED TO FIX. so, of coarse they don't know how long it will take.

0 Likes
Droidbotics
Your are exactly right, the fascinate is a well built device. The only reasons I can think of is, Samsung is to busy working out the kinks in the next generation galaxy phones. Two, from a marketing standpoint, it wouldn't make sense to update the current phone and release a new one; that would hurt potential Sales. I am guessing it will probably be around June or July before we get the froyo update.
0 Likes