Re: FROYO 2.2 UPDATE FOR SAMSUNG FASCINATE
sputnik998

hey guys, those that are **bleep** about the update, join our facebook page. we're all going to put samsung on blast all at once on april fools day. this is the strategy vibrant users did with the "never again" campaign on twitter, samsung released their update the next day after they were publicly humiliated. lets mobilize! spread the word!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Contact-Your-April-Fool/171721029544794#!/pages/Contact-Your-April-Foo...

0 Likes
Rogerhubbardjr
Why are you selling the new phones with 2.2? Make Samsung upgrade or pay to recall phones to swap.
0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

Rogerhubbardjr wrote:
Why are you selling the new phones with 2.2? Make Samsung upgrade or pay to recall phones to swap.

Are you positive they are selling with 2.2?

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

they aren't.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

This must be a figment of my imagination

sale

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

got a pic of the actual phone tuned on showing the verison?

what store is that at?

could be a misprint, it happens

0 Likes
techlife2

I went on a "rampage" a week ago and sent them an e-mail-a-day! The response you received is their standard 'canned response" and should not be interpreted - they simply have nothing to tell you about Froyo!  In the course of over two months, I have received that same response in reply to anything I discussed about Froyo.  You can talk abou the weather, complain about Verizon, brag on Samsung for their "inept" employees BUT, you will never do better than their good ole' canned comments!    Give it up - Froyo is a dead issue - we will be getting Gingerbread!  You can take that to the bank!  When? When it arrives on your phone OTA. Source: My crystal ball, a little birdie told me so, ear to the ground, heresay, Verizon forums, XDA, Adroid Central and all the other dreamers screaming for Froyo!  

0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

Headed to the V store tonight to get my stepboy an HTC Thunderbolt. If I see the same sign I'll try to get a shot of the phone's about page and post it.

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hold the

DonM wrote:

Headed to the V store tonight to get my stepboy an HTC Thunderbolt. If I see the same sign I'll try to get a shot of the phone's about page and post it.

Have a salesmen hold the sign with a fist in his mouth then take picture. LOL

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Looked at a Fascinate last night at my local store.  Firmware version 2.1.1 update installed.  As stated before this appears to be a misprint, but maybe the advertisement is meant to come out when FROYO gets released and they put it out by mistake?

0 Likes