FROYO 2.2 update removed my custom screen settings
PSO1

Has anyone else lost their customized screen settings after updating to 2.2?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FROYO 2.2 update removed my custom screen settings
Streetdoc740
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes...unfortunately it does change your customized settings and says so on the sceen prior to updating.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Streetdoc740
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes...unfortunately it does change your customized settings and says so on the sceen prior to updating.

0 Likes
Tracy_P

Is that the only thing lost? Any application data issues? i.e. progress on Angry Birds?

0 Likes
Streetdoc740
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tracy....my apps and their settings were not affected when i did the update. i have not heard of anybody losing anything other then "location" for some apps such as weather.

0 Likes
Tracy_P

I've read some people have required factory resets to get the update to install. I'm going to see about getting a solid backup of things before I go through with the update. 

The screen states: Update will change some customized settings. See url for details. Though there is no details about what customization might be changed. 

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

Tracy_P wrote:

I've read some people have required factory resets to get the update to install. I'm going to see about getting a solid backup of things before I go through with the update. 

The screen states: Update will change some customized settings. See url for details. Though there is no details about what customization might be changed. 

You can count on recustomizing your screens after the update to your liking
0 Likes