Re: FROYO ED05
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

SFObrien wrote:

How about a comment from the VZW folks, any idea when the OTA will hit?

HI SFObrien, 

I have great news!! The ED05 update was released today! This is not an update to the Gingerbread software, but will correct many of the issues this device is experiencing by updating from the ED04 to the ED05 software. Below I have provided a link so you can update your phone right away.

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/samsung_fascinate.html

I hope this information is helpful and addresses your concerns surrounding the Samsung Fascinate. Have a wonderful day!

I hope this is helpful and addresses your concerns regarding the Samsung Fascinate. 
0 Likes
jmaxwell92264

ChristinaB_VZW wrote:

SFObrien wrote:

How about a comment from the VZW folks, any idea when the OTA will hit?

HI SFObrien, 

I have great news!! The ED05 update was released today! This is not an update to the Gingerbread software, but will correct many of the issues this device is experiencing by updating from the ED04 to the ED05 software. Below I have provided a link so you can update your phone right away.

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/samsung_fascinate.html

I hope this information is helpful and addresses your concerns surrounding the Samsung Fascinate. Have a wonderful day!

I hope this is helpful and addresses your concerns regarding the Samsung Fascinate. 
Not helpful.  This link doesn't work on my computer.  (But I'm glad my phone is not as slow as this website.)
0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Try clicking here to get the download instructions.

(I'm sorry about that previous link not working)

0 Likes
thender007

Works like a charm!

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

To perform the update to ED05 on the Fascinate, please follow the steps below.

Select Menu

Select Settings

Select About Phone (have to scroll down

Select Check for Updates

Thank you!

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks ChristinaB hopefully this update will help the folks who need it.

0 Likes
Deafptl4ever

I got mine but it makes battery get way too hot  when charging unlike I ever had before. The battery also runs out way to fast, also unlike before. Any way I can remove the update? My phone was fine prior to that.

0 Likes
radtech
Worked fine before update, working fine now
0 Likes