Re: FROYO Finally Coming???
KJHernandez

Well to be honest, my excited button is broken.  Promise after promise of coming to market the amazing and lighting fast  2.2 Froyo.  Pffft….September rolls on no update, October gets the boot to November.  Was told in the store "totally have it out to your phones" by Christmas.  Now here it is Feb. 2011 and still no 2.2.  This is a joke?  Did I wake up and here the sounds of Samsung electronics toilet flush?

My question here is if I and I mean a **BIG FREAKING IF** they DO in fact release this piece of junk will it fix the amazingly brittle email capabilities?  I have bragged about the Android for some time now, but having quickly conceded to my BlackBerry toting friends – when it comes to email they remain supreme!

Sadly, I am stuck in this lie of a relationship with Verizon and Samsung for at least 1.2 years.  Good luck Android fans, haters – what could be worse?  Gingerbread?  HAHAHAHA!!

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

Gingerbread, banana bread, Ice cream the hell with all that nonsense I think I will just drink beer and wait and see and if Im hungry and then it wont be gingerbread or Ice cream. I will be good and drunk by the time we get updated.

0 Likes
Re: FROYO Finally Coming??? - I BELIEVE!!
techlife2

If what you say is correct, I also had the same experience with our Verizon salesman here in Alabama,  I am excited by the comments passed on to you and will leave my calendar open on 2/22/11.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: FROYO Finally Coming??? - I BELIEVE!!
Soulchaser
Enthusiast - Level 3

meh I already have 2.2 on my phone. Definatly a BIG improvement. GPS fixed, faster phone response, a couple color changes in the settings menu and what not, the notification menu has added a turn on/off Mobile Data (replaced Airplane mode) and an Auto Rotation function

Baseband will read as S:i500.04 V. EB01

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi.

Thank you for being so patient.  Verizon Wireless began pushing Android 2.2, Froyo, to the Samsung Fascinate on April 21, 2011.  Enhancements include support for Adobe Flash Player.  You can visit www.verizonwireless.com/fascinatesupport for more information and download instructions for the software update.  Customers will also be able to download the update manually by going to Settings > About Phone > Update Phone.

Thank you,

0 Likes