Facebook question on Galaxy Nexus
Shakeydave

Facebook for Android running on the Galaxy Nexus...I attempt to post a status update..when I hit post..a message comes up that "Sorry, Facebook has stopped  Can anyone tell my what setting I am missing?  I seem to be able to post picture taken from the phone...but not a text such as a status update.

0 Likes
Re: Facebook question on Galaxy Nexus
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shakeydave,

I understand the importance of staying connected with your friends and family on FaceBook.

Are you still having issues posting status updates? If so, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the FaceBook application on your device? This may help resolve the issue you are experiencing.

Please try the above suggestion and post back if you need further assistance.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
JGeezle

I have this same problem.  In my best estimate, it occurs 70% of the time.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Facebook App several times and it continues to occur.  This is quite frustrating.

0 Likes
Shakeydave

Performed the uninstall and reinstall...seems to have worked on my phone...but not on my wife's phone..identical to mine..purchased the same day.  Really frustrating for her..she lives on facebook!!

0 Likes
JGeezle

Stopped in VZW Store today and they informed me that it is apparently an App problem after they uninstalled and re-installed the App and it contnued to behave badly.  There is much discussion regarding these facebook issues on the Nexus on vairous discussion boards.  I can access and Post to facebook via my web browser...we'll see how this works out.

0 Likes
lisa9999

After having my phone 4 days today it just started doing this. I uninstalled and reinstalled twice and still having the same problem. Verizon saying it's the app, is a cop out- with such an upgraded phone it shouldn't have problems. I never had issues with fb on any other phone of mine. Can you still not post on fb app??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lisa9999
Thanks so much for your feedback as well.This issue has been reported to Facebook. It is common for some apps to respond differently after an upgrade. The older Facebook version may not be compatable with the newer Nexus software version. Have you been able to update the status via Facebook using the browser?

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes