Re: Factory reset poll: Did it help you? YES or NO.
Wildman
Legend

This basically prove that not all devices have the same outcome..  Usually this is because of the differences of software and applications..

0 Likes
tma08

No, it did not help. I have had my Fascinate since April 2011 and I have had nothing but problems with the phone and all I kept getting was 'I'm sorry you're experiencing that. Let's see what we can do." Then all they can do is reset it to factory settings. The problem was in the phone's software itself, Verizon even admitted to this! Since I paid for the extended warranty and the phone is still under the manufacture's year warranty, I'm eligible for a refurbished version of the same phone. So long as i can send messages without having to turn my phone off to do so, the screen responds and I have little to no problem until my upgrade date; I'll be fine. Call customer service and bitch, bitch, bitch. They will direct you to someone who CAN help and get you fixed. Hope this helps someone!

0 Likes
phone_bill

NO. come on, that's just a stall tactic to make you think that they're helping you. If they spend enough time doing things that only make your phone worse (like wiping out all of your setting ect.) you'll give up and leave them alone Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I do see how you could see it as a stall tactics but it isnt the case, since Android apps  are not verified as being optimized for the OS they are known to cause a number of issues and also defragments the storage because of data being missed handled.

Hard resetting removes the problems a large amount of the time...  Until they get a workable way to address this issue without removing the develpers freedom to develope hard resetting can be a possible solution.

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

Not enough responses to form an accurate statistical model, however the NO'S do outnumber the YES. If this thread serves any positive purpose it may be that it is not wise to run to the "Factory Reset" solution as your first choice to correct your problem. Try the many possible less drastic solutions first and use Factory Reset as a last resort when all else fails. Factory Reset can correct problems caused by third party apps and possibly bloatware apps. but it cannot correct corrupt system files or a hardware problem.

Losing all your custom settings and apps. can be specially frustating if after doing the Factory Reset you still have the same original problem. All I advocate is read, start with less intrusive possible solutions and use "Factory Reset" as your last resort... not first.  Good Luck.

0 Likes