rebooted and said DM verity verification failed....E: Failed setting up

Dirty Target.I assume the dirty target was the battery icon. Has anyone else

have this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Failed Update
ryanc_vzw
Verizon Employee

Colt Dillon,

I would be puzzled if I received failed errors during a software update. Thank you for the detailed and helpful information. I'll be happy to help. What is your current and new software version that you are trying to update? How are you updating the software, via computer, over the air via network or Wi-Fi?

RyanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

it was OTA I have it connected to the computer now and the verizon SUA is updating.I will see what happens after that but while I have you here does the updates take from my data?

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

By the way how big is this update its over 230mbs and is only 27% done. Can this be right?

0 Likes
Gabbo
Enthusiast - Level 3

The update will only give us a nag screen everytime we charge the original Note 7's. Not really worth your time to do the update before swapping out the phone.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Well after 6 hours and over 2.20 Gb for the update through sua Sua decides to fail and when I restarted sua it wanted to start all over, NO [Removed] way. That is what happen when I tried to fix my galaxy s 5 only it started to update the phone and in the middle of that it failed and shut down.

Well at least I won't be getting that reminder then about the battery.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

On the bright side while I was trying to update the phone samsung sent me an email my

256 gb memory card will be here tomorrow according to fedex that is.

0 Likes
josephe_vzw
Verizon Employee

kathy65793,

Keeping your device up to date is a must. That is indeed concerning to hear that the SUA tool failed during the update. We definitely want to assist in any way possible. It sounds like you have not exchanged your device for a revised version of the Note7 yet. We are strongly urging customers to do so. Let us know if the issue persists after you have the revised model and we'll be here to help. Learn more about the recall here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note7-recall-faqs/

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes