Fascinate - Facebook Contacts Not Syncing
attitudzgrl

I have set my facebook acount to sync but none of the pictures or fb info comes up in my contacts.  HELP....

0 Likes
Re: Fascinate - Facebook Contacts Not Syncing
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Hello! This is Noah with Verizon Wireless. Hope you are having a great day!

Try logging out of the Facebook App. Then going to settings and applications, then running applications, then choose the Facebook App. Choose force close to close the App. Then re-open the Facebook App, and log back in. Making sure to sync the Facebook contact information.

If you continue to have the same problem try using a different Facebook App. If you are using the Samsung one, try downloading another Facebook App from the Android Market.

0 Likes
tnez21

I had the same problem, drove me nuts!!! I tried everything and double checked all my contact/sync account settings and kept hitting refresh but nothing works. So I read the manual.....long story short...From your home screen select

Contacts->Menu->Get friends->Facebook. Then simply select the people you want and hit Save. Re-open your contacts and you see that your contact are now Sync'd to your Facebook contacts. After you do this add people to the "Buddies now" widget on one of the home screens for really great features(it'll display their Facebook picture and status and you'll be able able to call, message, and comment with the touch of one button) Plus it looks super cool. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Nykera

YOU ROCK!!  I was in Verizon today trying to get this issue fixed and the {please keep your posts courteous} working there had no clue how to fix it and suggested I get a different phone (I've had this for 2 days!).  I did what you suggested and it instantly worked!  THANK YOU!!!!

0 Likes
zakasnak

You're OSM!  Thank you so much... this was making me crazy, too!

I tried to give you kudos, but the app wouldn't let me.... so here : KUDOS!!

0 Likes
verboi78

I'm also having trouble with the facebook syncing with my contacts.  I've tried everything that people have suggested in this forum with no luck.  I've tried signing out of facebook, stopping the app, and then signing back in which did nothing.  I tried to remove the account and added it back into the Accounts and Sync settings.  I also keep getting an error message that states "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly".  I've had my phone for a couple of days and keep getting this message.  Do you think it's because I have over a 1,000 friends on facebook?  Is that too many to sync?  Any help or suggestions you have would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Likes
KellyA9524

Mine is doing the EXACT same thing! I have tried everything! If anyone went about this differently.... please help. Its really frustrating!

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Try registering your number again:

From your Facebook account, go to Account Settings and follow the “Activate a Phone” registration instructions.

1. From the Home screen, touch Menu  Settings, Accounts & sync,  Add account Facebook.

2. Enter your Email and Password, then touch Log in.

3. Follow the prompts to complete the set-up.

Also try limiting  the number of contacts when you try syncing the device with Facebook, try using only the existing contacts you already have in the device.  1000 contacts is a lot to sync at one time.  

0 Likes
machiavelie

I'm having trouble syncing my facebook contacts with my Samsung Fascinate as well. The issue comes during the syncing process; it's as if the syncing times out. I've activated my phone on Facebook and added the account to my phone (not via a FB app but via Accounts and Sync). When I go to Contacts> Menu > Add friends, nothing happens when I click on Facebook, which is greyed out.

This seems like a reoccurring issue for many users. When will Verizon resolve this?

0 Likes
verboi78

I was finally able to get my facebook account to sync with the phone.  I had to set the SNS sync interval to 1 hour.  I had it set to only sync once a day and then I tried to set it to 6 hours.  It seems as though the only way for it to work and sync properly is to set the interval to 1 hour.  I get a sync error message every so often but the phone now tries to do the sync more often until actually goes through. 

These are the complete steps that I took to resolve my problem:

1. Remove facebook from sync accounts. 

2. Remove facebook application from phone.

3. Reinstalled facebook application from marketplace.

4. Added facebook back to the sync accounts (choose facebook listed in the integrated contact accounts)

5. Set SNS sync interval to 1 hour.

I don't know exactly how long it took to finally work, but it eventually did and I was able to go into the contacts, add friends, and select facebook to choose the friends that I wanted to sync. 

I hope this helps everyone else that is having trouble. 

0 Likes