Re: Fascinate Finally Gets FROYO
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The phone works AS ADVERTISED.  Verizon gives you 30 days to get out.  Beyond that Verizon doesn't promise you anything anywhere in the contract you signed.    

0 Likes
LandLockedPH

Works "AS ADVERTISED"? 

You obviously haven't been reading the numerous posts on this site; AndroidGuys.com; AndroidCentral.com; forum.xda-developers.com, androidforums.com, fascianteforums.com; droidforums.net; and, elsewhere where people are complaining about all of the "advertised" features of this device NOT working (including GPS and email).

Everyone who has taken their device back to Verizon has been repeatedly told by their sales reps that these issues would be fixed with the Froyo update that would be available "very soon"; "in a couple of weeks"; "any day now"; etc.  Or, with the maintenance release that would be available at the "end of November" or "first week in December".

And like fools, many of us believed them and believed Verizon would stand behind their customers.  Ha!  Never again!

The point is... If you haven't purchased a Samsung device and aren't already locked into Verizon... DON'T do either!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

LandLockedPH wrote:

Works "AS ADVERTISED"? 

You obviously haven't been reading the numerous posts on this site; AndroidGuys.com; AndroidCentral.com; forum.xda-developers.com, androidforums.com, fascianteforums.com; droidforums.net; and, elsewhere where people are complaining about all of the "advertised" features of this device NOT working (including GPS and email).

Everyone who has taken their device back to Verizon has been repeatedly told by their sales reps that these issues would be fixed with the Froyo update that would be available "very soon"; "in a couple of weeks"; "any day now"; etc.  Or, with the maintenance release that would be available at the "end of November" or "first week in December".

And like fools, many of us believed them and believed Verizon would stand behind their customers.  Ha!  Never again!

The point is... If you haven't purchased a Samsung device and aren't already locked into Verizon... DON'T do either!

Non-gmail or exchange email is finicky on android at best.  Froyo isn't going to solve that and will just produce more clutter on this forum of people complaining about something not working like they want.  The slow GPS lock has been a problem for a lot of people and the MR should fix that whenever it comes as it's working perfectly on the DJ05 leak that I'm running.  And you NEVER believe what the reps say.  They're there to sell phones, PERIOD.  A good portion of the people who leave with an Android didn't need one to begin with and thus immediately come to the forums complaining about everything little thing that could be easily solved by searching or actually using the phone instead of wanting someone to hold your hand.  Anyone who did a little bit of research prior to buying would have known what they were getting into.  Verizon has been slow to update phones as is and Samsung doesn't exactly have the best track record either.  I bought the phone knowing that because hardware wise, it's the best on the market and I'm not afraid of a voided warranty to take care of software issues. 

0 Likes
yoworm

I agree Landlocked.  I truely believe this misrepresentation is class action worthy.  However verizon knows the case will never go to the courts no firm will take it on as the cost will far out weigh the benifit.  Verizon will continue to take a dump on its customers until a stand is made.  I for one would be willing to make the stand and leave verizon but verizon would not even miss four lines and they would continue taking a dump on its customer.  This is just another example of Big Business taking advantage of its customer and leaving no recourse for its customers.  This is just regarding holding the update hostage not to mention, the so called unlimited internet that you get charged three plus times for (1, home internet 2, cell phone internet per line 3, tethering)  What does unlimited mean again?  Even if it were not called unlimited lets say it was 5 GB shold we as customers not be able to use the full 5GB however we choose whether it be at home, on a cell or tethered to a tablet or PC.  Let us not forget the mysterious fees we have all encountered.

The problem continues to be Verizons lack of respect towards its customers and the fact that some customers are overjoyed with verizon because their network is better.  Does customer service not count in this grandios view of verizon should we as customers settle for a carrier that is better than the other guy or should we as customers want for verizon to strive to get better. 

I have an idea how about not letting Sprint beat you to 4G and having a flagship phone such as the EVO with updates first or How do you let little ole T-mobile beat you to gingerbread with their nexus S while you do not even have FROYO or your fascinate.  It is a **bleep** shame

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

yoworm wrote:

I agree Landlocked.  I truely believe this misrepresentation is class action worthy.  However verizon knows the case will never go to the courts no firm will take it on as the cost will far out weigh the benifit.  Verizon will continue to take a dump on its customers until a stand is made.  I for one would be willing to make the stand and leave verizon but verizon would not even miss four lines and they would continue taking a dump on its customer.  This is just another example of Big Business taking advantage of its customer and leaving no recourse for its customers.  This is just regarding holding the update hostage not to mention, the so called unlimited internet that you get charged three plus times for (1, home internet 2, cell phone internet per line 3, tethering)  What does unlimited mean again?  Even if it were not called unlimited lets say it was 5 GB shold we as customers not be able to use the full 5GB however we choose whether it be at home, on a cell or tethered to a tablet or PC.  Let us not forget the mysterious fees we have all encountered.

The problem continues to be Verizons lack of respect towards its customers and the fact that some customers are overjoyed with verizon because their network is better.  Does customer service not count in this grandios view of verizon should we as customers settle for a carrier that is better than the other guy or should we as customers want for verizon to strive to get better. 

I have an idea how about not letting Sprint beat you to 4G and having a flagship phone such as the EVO with updates first or How do you let little ole T-mobile beat you to gingerbread with their nexus S while you do not even have FROYO or your fascinate.  It is a **bleep** shame

Wow, I don't think you understand how many times I read nearly this exact same post while waiting for Eclair for my Eris.  And what ever came of it, absolutely nothing.  In fact, after it was finally released, all the posts turned into 2.1 broke my phone, they never should have released this, I think we should file a class action lawsuit over this bad update.  Get over it.  Verizon corporate has never promised Froyo for the Fascinate and if you really had a problem with the phone, you would have stood your ground and told them to get you a new phone.  Sales reps in stores and techs in their call center do not know what they are talking about, especially when it comes to updates.  On two separate occasions, once in store, and once on the phone, about three weeks apart, I was told the Eris would get the up date "in a couple weeks".  So what?!?  I bought the phone on 1.5, it worked on 1.5, I was never promised anything other than 1.5.  Getting the upgrade to 2.1 was just a bonus.  As for your unlimited internet complaint, I'm sure it's stated somewhere in your contract that it is unlimited FOR THAT DEVICE.  Bandwidth costs money, they figure a certain amount for each device, and surfing on a computer is going to take up a whole lot more that doing so on your phone.  Did you really expect to pay once and be able to use it for every device in your house?  Start looking into the details before you buy into something and find out what you are really entitled to.

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

I am in agreement with all of you who complain about missing deadline of Froyo. In the past several months I was patiently waiting for one but now I am tired of waiting too.

The cancellation of ten, hundred, or even thousand existing lines will not hurt or change Verizon's business module as a positive flow of new subscribers will far outreach number of departed customers. And as one of the user already stated, no  respectful law firm will decide to deal with class action against Verizon if there is nothing in writing. All verbal agreements are only valid when are done in person to person and will be seen only by a small claim court. 

May I suggest one thing to all of you who are unhappy with Verizon not delivering Froyo in time.

What we all need to do is advertise all over the media about poor customer service, misrepresentation of facts/promises in all available social medias. There are YouTube, Tweeter, Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, and local newspapers. It should contain a similar statement that will be posted in all those medias. Great number of posts and variety of their location will draw more Verizon CS attention that anything else. So if all agree, let's use this post to agree what a text should be and let's start posting.

0 Likes
yoworm

Papa

I am down with that.  I have been posting on several forums and facebook pages that is until Samsuck band my ip address.  Samsung will also not allow you to post negative reviews on their site.  Verizon on the other hand will allow you to post the negatives because they do not care about current customer retention they the have the best network and are like leave if you want we will have two new fools come in for everyone that leaves.  I already have planes of starting a youtube channel about Samsungs underachieving products and their slow to no customer service. 

The sad thing is I would have gladly waited until January or even March if Verizon or Samsung or both would have enough respect and good business sense to apologize for the delay and explain that there have been unexpected issues that have prevented a timely release.  This would have been a start lord knows they would not give a credit or allow a second upgrade to extend ones contract which would allow them to purchase a phone that is living up to its name such as the droid x.  Thirty days is not enough time if every 7 to 8 days a rep is saying it should be out in a week hold on to your phone you will be happy with it when FROYO comes out. 

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

Yoworm,

The hell will freeze over before Verizon and/or Samsung will apologize.

Whatever Samsung did for you by blocking your IP address is something I had never heard of. But if you can prove it, you can sue Samsung for violation of the First Amendment. 

About upgrade to other Droid phones offers, I actually dropped original Droid and Droid X for poor customer support by both Verizon and Motorola. Anything that I was reporting about those phone were commented as "a know issue which is being worked on". My brother-in-law has HTC Incredible but it's also not without problems (battery in #1 and also random reboots is #2).

So far, I am much happier with Fascinate then other Droids that I owned and had seen my friends using. However, fact that Froyo is delayed without any explanation is getting absurd.

0 Likes
yoworm

Papa

They definately blocked my ip address because after a few days of posting and responding to others post, I was no longer able to post comments to the Samsung facebook site.  I then made a new account and tried to post to the website and it would not allow me too.  After that I created a facebook site at work and was able to post for a day before they prevented that site from posting comments to the Samsung facebook site.  I guess they do not want potential customers knowing that their product update is far from being released. 

I too must admit I love my fascinate I just cant stand little T-mobile passing me by and really cant stand the red triangles I see everyday. 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
So, what would be a timely release and how has Froyo been delayed when neither Verizon nor Samsung OFFICIALLY announced when, or even if, the Fascinate is going to get it?
0 Likes