Fascinate LED's
mcneguy

I just picked up the Fascinate to replace my original Droid this weekend and two things bother me about the phone.  First is the lack of Flash (2.1) and the second is on my original Droid, I would get a blinking LED that, dependant upon the color, told me that I have a text message, missed call, IM, Voice..whatever message.  I do see that the Fascinate has 2 tiny LED's next to the ear speaker but I cannot figure out how to assign those LED's to inform me when any of the above actions have happened.

My question is, does anyone know how to correct this?

0 Likes
Re: Fascinate LED's
laxxcoach

There are no LED's on the Fascinate.  But there is an app NoLED that you can down load that will work.  It has worked for me and when I was reading about it many other users said that they liked the app as well.

0 Likes
mcneguy

I will try that app, I appreciate the suggestion.  I am telling you though, there are LED's on the front of the phone.  Look very closely at the left side of the slit in the top that represents the speaker just above the Verizon logo.  Unless I am way off base, there seem to be at least one and perhaps two actual LED's there.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

There are no notification led's on the Fascinate. What you're seeing is the light and proximity sensors.

0 Likes
mcneguy

That makes sense...I did download the NoLED application and in my limited testing it seems to work about half the time.  I'm thinking of taking it back and getting a Droid X, not sure though.

0 Likes