Fascinate OTA Update
duinster

Hi,

I've been trying to update my phone since last night by going to Settings > About Phone > Systems Update > Check New. However, so far I keep getting the message that "Server Unavailable". May I know what I can do to fix this?

FYI: my phone is not rooted.

Thanks. 

0 Likes
Re: Fascinate OTA Update
Scott13M

I had the same issue yesterday... I was linked to the internet through WiFi at my home.

I tried the update search again this morning using Verizons server (WiFi off).

Sure enough I found an update, it downloaded succesfully.

Tried to install it, but the installation was unsuccessful.

I am being told the update was just released today, batched out to only 1,000 people at a time.

there may be issues with the software or the hardware.

I am posting my situation as a new threat, so check it out for any further info.

Fascinated

0 Likes
duinster

My wifi was never turned on, and despite trying the whole night, I still get the same "Server Unavailable" message and am unable to download the update. 

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

I have 3 new Samsung Fascinate's.   All working great.

I turned off the WiFi first.

Then did the system updates.  All 3 updated without any issues.

I just following the simple instructions here:

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/samsung_fascinate.html

0 Likes
duinster

Thanks for responding (I've gone through the pdf this morning, but still nothing works)... as mentioned, my wifi's not turned on. I've also tried rebooting my phone.... I've not rooted my phone... and yet I am still unable to connect to the server to download the update. Please help. Thanks! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Alangina

I have been able to download the update however it will not execute and error message keeps saying unsuccessful. What is the problem??

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Try doing a soft reset on the device by  powering the device off, removing and replacing the battery, then dialing *228 send and option 1 on the device after you power it back on. 

0 Likes
Bearlover1226

Noah, 

I took my phone in and had the VERIZON staff attempt to update the phone for 2 hours one night, soft resets and all, then they gave me a different fascinate and that one wouldn't take the update either.  I brought that one back in the next night and again, another 2 hours.  They stated it is an issue with 5000 different phone numbers and not the phone itself and said they would turn in a ticket for the issue.  They said they hope it gets fixed in a week.......confused and frustrated.

0 Likes
Sanafol

well I guess we're apart of the 5,000 numbers b/c I get the "server unavailable " as well:smileysad:

0 Likes
TimSnyder

I was having the same issue while connected through WiFi. I did a soft reset, a *228 call, then finally turned WiFi off and I was able to connect... I know that doesnt help....

0 Likes