Fascinate Questions, Please help
Jimbo33

I was ready to purchase the Fascinate, fantastic display, perfect fit when holding it etc.. A couple of blog posts have me spooked because of the built in Bing. Please help with the following questions:

1) My contacts are on Google Contacts (GMAIL). Will they import so they just show up when I hit the contacts icon on the Fascinate? Auto Update? Voice Dial?

2) Same questions for Google Calendar.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fascinate Questions, Please help
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

I use Google for contacts and my primary email and they along with Google Calendar work great. The Fascinate syncs up nicely with Google. If you have Froyo running there is almost no setup other than logging onto your account. I don't know about Voice Dial because I don't use it but I suspect it would work OK as well.

A couple of things though:

You cannot set up personalized ringtones for individuals if you are using Google for your contact list. that can be worked-around by also setting up phone contacts and linking them with the individual Google contacts on the contact list.

I dislike the calencar that came with the Fascinate so I purchased an app named Touch Calendar through Android Market that works very well. It will allow you to synce multiple calendars and looks good.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Fascinate Questions, Please help
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

I use Google for contacts and my primary email and they along with Google Calendar work great. The Fascinate syncs up nicely with Google. If you have Froyo running there is almost no setup other than logging onto your account. I don't know about Voice Dial because I don't use it but I suspect it would work OK as well.

A couple of things though:

You cannot set up personalized ringtones for individuals if you are using Google for your contact list. that can be worked-around by also setting up phone contacts and linking them with the individual Google contacts on the contact list.

I dislike the calencar that came with the Fascinate so I purchased an app named Touch Calendar through Android Market that works very well. It will allow you to synce multiple calendars and looks good.

0 Likes