Re: Fascinate- Will it eventually be fixed/updated ??
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

Come on Verizon !!   Show a little backbone, step up to the plate, and let us know.

Are you or are you not supporting ( via tech support AND by supplying android updates for.. )  the Samsung Fascinate

for the remainder of 2011    ?????

You'd be surprised at how understanding 'informed' customers can be.

Thanks.

0 Likes
RSDan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Around 6/30 a rep came on here and said a fix was being tested - 2 weeks later I was told by a phone rep that the reported fix  was not working on all phones so the release was postponed.  I switched to the Charge.  My self esteem instantly took a big leap - people were calling me and had been, just didn't know it when I had the Fasinate.  The Charge isn't perfect and I think Verizon is still working out some kinks with the 4g SIM cards but it does receive calls, texts and when in a 4g area is very fast.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

The great news is that the ED05 version has been released as of 7/28/11.

Fascinate Update

You can do the update by going to Settings>About Phone>System Updates>Check New

0 Likes
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

I can understand your frustration. We have rolled out an update that will address the issues you are experiencing. To update your phone follow the instructions below:

1. Select Menu

2. Settings

3. About Phone

4. System Updates.

Thanks,

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @vzwsupport  

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

Well, thanks for the replies, Verizon. kind of......

Applied ED05 to all 3 Fascinates last week the day it came out. Still seem to be missing texts.

Phone that sends text will show text in log.  Phone text was sent to

has no text or log of missing the text.  No errors/warning on sending phone either.

May be missing calls, but not sure yet as no one has complained to me.

Cell tower only  1/2 mile away.  All 3 have good signal's ... 3 to 4 bars.

All 3 have had factory data reset done on them.

AND no one from Verizon has answered my only question, which still is.

" Will Verizon/Samsung continue to support the Fascinate, via updates/fixes,  newer andriod

releases through out the remainder of 2011 ?????  "

I am not asking for specific or even general release dates of updates.  Just want to

know will you continue to actively support this phone.   Simple question.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Herbb623 wrote:

AND no one from Verizon has answered my only question, which still is.

" Will Verizon/Samsung continue to support the Fascinate, via updates/fixes,  newer andriod

releases through out the remainder of 2011 ?????  "

I am not asking for specific or even general release dates of updates.  Just want to

know will you continue to actively support this phone.   Simple question.

Herbb623, yes we will continue to support the Fascinate. If there are bugs that need fixing, any issues that we see occurring on multiple devices, we will report those issues to Samsung and our product team to work on a resolution. For your issues with text messaging on the Fascinate, I would recommend doing a factory reset. The update should have resolved issues with missing calls and text. If it is still not working, I suggest contacting technical support so we can submit a trouble ticket for our network team. 

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Herbb623,

I am happy to let you know that the ED05 update has been released and will correct the issues you have been experiencing. This is not an update to the Gingerbread software, but again, the issues you are experiencing will be corrected.  

I thank you, and all of the other contributors to this thread, for your patience. To get the update, simply follow these steps:

Select Check for Updates

Select Menu

Select Settings

Select About Phone (have to scroll down)

You can also click on this link:

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/samsung_fascinate.html

I hope this information is helpful and that you enjoy the update!

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you MarquiaF_VZW for taking the time to reply to my question.

Its good to know that going forward, the Fascinate will still be supported !

0 Likes
Not applicable

I understand it can be frustrating to miss calls in a time of emergency.  If you are still having issues with missing calls please PM with your mobile telephone number and I will review your account to make sure your service is working properly.  Hope this helps.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Mullaney
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I just clicked on the link that was provided and received a "no page" message.  Please advise.

0 Likes