Fascinate and FamilyShare Plan
jrick352

I just tried to upgrade the two phone I have to the Samsung Fascinate but was told (online) that this phone is not eligible for the FamilyShare plan and I have to create two individual plans.

Does any know if this is just an online ordering issue or what?

thanks

0 Likes
Re: Fascinate and FamilyShare Plan
fantazia57

You can do family share plan for voice only, and data must be on individual line.  It's not just for this phone, but applies to all verizon phones (i don't think there's such family share plan for data).  That's how i and my husband have them now.

0 Likes
fantazia57

ah, by the way, i've learned that you cannot "upgrade" two phones using the two discount (even if you have separate contract for both phones and they ended), if you use family share plan.  you can use only the primary phone to use the discount and the 2nd one is upgraded without the discount.  Anyhow, doesn't verizon offer buy one get one free?  at least it did, two weeks ago. 

0 Likes
jrick352

Yes, they still have the Buy one get one free for the Fascinate which is precisely what I was trying to use. The FamilyShare plan we are currently on has a data plan on one phone, but none on the other.

Seems to me I should be able to get two Fascinates and a data plan for each on the Family Share?

0 Likes
fantazia57

data plan must be purchased on BOTH phones as the data plan $29.99 is REQUIRED for fascinate.

0 Likes
fantazia57

oh..one more..i was told at the store that i can get a different-free phone for the pricess less than Fascinate.  Perhaps you can get non-smart phone and drop the data plan on it.

0 Likes