Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Re: Fascinate and Mail
Jazi

puterfx wrote:

I got my phone on Black Friday.  Tough decision though.  Choice was between Droid X and Fascinate.  The main reason I went with Fascinate was because it didn't cost me anything up front.  Still questioning whether it would have been worth it to go with the Droid X.  I guess if I was into all the Droidy stuff, then it would have been worth it.  The first thing I noticed, coming from the Omnia Win phone was that I couldn't sync my email, contacts, tasks, etc easily unless I used google, which I did not want to do.  I tried the stock program and it didn't work very well ... if at all so I began a search and tried K9 and wasn't impressed.  Then I found MailDroid.  I ran both at the same time and would get emails on 2 different pop accounts  (isp's) on MailDroid long before I would on the stock program.  MD is a little slow at times but that might be the isp instead and I've not missed an email ... and this is the free version.  Towards the end of Dec, I removed the accounts from the stock email program and have been using MailDroid ever since ... just can't seem to bring myself to lay out the $18 yet. 

Yes, MailDroid was the way to go for me.  I, like you, was not impressed with K-9.  I have had NO problems with MailDroid.  The only thing I did not like about the FREE version was the ads.  That was it.  So, if ads don't bother you, then stay with the FREE version.  The ads just really bugged me.  :smileyvery-happy:  And they also drained the battery more too.  And lord knows we don't need anything additional draining this battery.  lol  I miss the ability to sync with Outlook.  Not sure if this will or not.  But, I've gotten the Google set up now and I'm kinda okay with that for now.  You've been on using MailDroid for a good while now.  So, I'm hopeful that I'll have the same great experience.  Thanks for sharing!

0 Likes
Re: Fascinate and Mail
JaziJoi

IndianChief, you asked that I give an update in 5 days about MailDroid.  Well, it's been a total of 14 days since my last post and I'm still loving MailDroid.  I've had NOT one problem with it.  My email streams in nicely.  In fact, I'm absolutely LOVING my phone.  I've not had the problems that others complain about.  I'm considering having my contacts sync up with my Outlook, but right now, even that has not been a problem for me.  So, I'm really enjoying my phone and totally glad I gave up the BlackBerry.  I didn't think things got much better than Blackberry.  Especially for email.  But I actually like my email better on my Android platform better.  :smileyhappy:  I'm all smiles now!!!  :smileywink:

0 Likes