Fascinate calendar won't save appt info
new2tech
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had my phone for some time but have recently encountered problems setting appointments on the calendar. Even though I enter all the information and it reads "saved", nothing appears. Does anyone out there have any ideas? The only glitch I can think of is that awhile back I was trying to sync the Fascinate calendar to my Google calendar on my PC? I have checked all the settings and can't see anything obvious on either the phone or PC. Help. I am lost without my Fascinate calendar.

0 Likes
Fascinate calendar won't save appt info
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you create the event, are you saving it to your gmail/Google calendar?  Have you verified which calendars are displayed on your phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Fascinate calendar won't save appt info
new2tech
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don’t have an option when “save” comes up. It just displays save. When I enter, it reads “saved” but doesn’t say where. Under calendar settings, my calendar is checked, as well as my gmail calendar.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The option for selecting which calendar to create the event is usually at the very top of the dialog you use to make the event. You might have to scroll up to see it. Once the event is created you can't change which calendar it is saved in.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
new2tech
Enthusiast - Level 2

That did it! Thank you very much for your assistance.

0 Likes
new2tech
Enthusiast - Level 2

One more question please. Will my phone sync with my Outlook calendar if I were to add that account to the phone?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It depends.  Outlook is just a program that handles the connection to your ISP's email server to get your emails.  Is the Calendar synced with your email or is it only in the program?  There might be ways to sync your calendar with your Gmail calendar which in turns sync with the phone.  How it would link back to the Outlook program, I don't know the answer.  There have been a number of discussion similar to this question on the community.  Try searching here first to see if there is something you can try.

new2tech wrote:

One more question please. Will my phone sync with my Outlook calendar if I were to add that account to the phone?

0 Likes
new2tech
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. Appreicate the info and will check it out.

0 Likes