Fascinate constantly rebooting after 2.3 Update
SweetMonkyCreek

Is anyone having an issue with the new update where your phone appears to keep rebooting?  After the update, every time I try to use an app (since I have to reset every dang thing thanks to the update), the phone locks up and then the home screen reloads, the media scanner runs...again...etc.

I'm using Go Launcher EX, but I can't even switch back to the standard launcher to see if that works?  Anyone have the same problem?  Thought and guidance are most appreciated.  Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fascinate constantly rebooting after 2.3 Update
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello there SweetMonkyCreek & ladygodiva

I regret to see you two are having problems with the Fascinate rebooting since the Gingerbread. 

Luckily, I didn't run into the same issue once I updated to Gingerbread.

ladygodiva, I know many times people such as yourself are reluctant to perform a hard/factory reset but  may times after a software update, it may be necessary to perform this essential step.

Make sure you do know your GMAIL email account & password, this way, you can either have your contacts backed up there or with backup assistant.

There are apps in the Market that you can install to back up any apps to your SD card.

Please try the reset and let me know how that works out for you.

View solution in original post

ladygodiva

YES!  I received the 2.3.5 update a couple of days ago.  This version is even WORSE than the previous one, as hard as that may be to believe. My phone now freezes and shuts down even more than before. The screen captures resulting from diagnostic s/w left in the release that runs when you try to turn off the screen occurs even more often now. Google maps/navigation HANGS…I re-installed it and it WILL NOT RUN – just hangs when I enter an address. GPS does not find my location. This s/w release is a piece of crap and Verizon will not take any responsibility for it.  All they want to do is a master reset, wipe the phone. This should NOT BE NECESSARY simply for a s/w update. I am completely fed up with this phone and am switching to an iPhone as soon as I can.

Anyone else have these issues?  Would a master reset work?

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello there SweetMonkyCreek & ladygodiva

I regret to see you two are having problems with the Fascinate rebooting since the Gingerbread. 

ladygodiva, I know many times people such as yourself are reluctant to perform a hard/factory reset but  may times after a software update, it may be necessary to perform this essential step.

Make sure you do know your GMAIL email account & password, this way, you can either have your contacts backed up there or with backup assistant.

There are apps in the Market that you can install to back up any apps to your SD card.

Please try the reset and let me know how that works out for you.

magsgundah
Enthusiast - Level 2

TamaraH_VZW wrote:

ladygodiva, I know many times people such as yourself are reluctant to perform a hard/factory reset but  may times after a software update, it may be necessary to perform this essential step.

This solution solved my phone's reboot loop issue when I first updated to Gingerbread.

0 Likes