Fascinate lost network connection after last Froyo update.
hippicajun

Anyone know how to fix this issue. After updating to the knew froyo upate last month my sons phone lost network connection and won't connect. It doesn't even show up in the settings for him to be able to connect. He can still make calls and connect but nothing data wise. Plus he still gets missed calls so that update never worked for him either. Please help and thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fascinate lost network connection after last Froyo update.
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I understand how frustrating this must be. My personal device had this problem and I found a solution that worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you as well.

1. Put the device in Airplane mode (hold power button and select airplane mode)

2. Wait 3 minutes for changes to take effect. You should see the airplane icon in the notification bar as well as the airplane lock screen.

3. Power the device off and wait 15 seconds.

4. Power the device on. Once sense loads, turn airplane mode off.

5. In the settings>Wireless & Networks Menu, check the box entitled "Mobile Network"

6. Everything should re-provision and data should be restored.

If the steps above do not resolve you issue you may want to try a master reset. Resetting the phone deletes all data, including downloaded applications, and resets the phone back to its initial state—the state before you turned on the phone for the first time.

Important: Make sure to back up important data you have on the phone before you reset your device.

Master Reset:

1. From the home screen, touch Menu
  2. Touch Settings 
  3. Touch SD & phone storage
  4. Touch Factory data reset
  5. Tap Reset phone 
  6. Tap Erase everything

Reset may take anywhere from 1 - 10 minutes for reset and restart depending on amount of data on device.

I hope this information has been helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

hippicajun wrote:

Anyone know how to fix this issue. After updating to the knew froyo upate last month my sons phone lost network connection and won't connect. It doesn't even show up in the settings for him to be able to connect. He can still make calls and connect but nothing data wise. Plus he still gets missed calls so that update never worked for him either. Please help and thanks.

I would have him contact Verizon and have the phone disabled, and renable an older phone, then disable that phone and renable the fascinate phone, that should do the trick
0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello hippicajun,

Thank you for sharing your concern about your son's Fascinate. May I ask have he made any changes on the device? Also, what software version is he running on the phone? Recently, there has been a software update and I need to confirm that he has the most recent version. The current version is i500.ED05. I have taken the liberty to post some troubleshooting steps for you to try on his device to restore the data connection. 

1.  Verify the System Select on the device. (The correct setting is Auto).

2.  Confirm that there isn't any handset restriction active on the device.

3.  Remove the battery from the device while it's powered on, reinsert, & power device on. (Look for what signal is being received)

4.  Toggle on & off Airplane Mode.

5.  Verify that Data Roaming is checked in the Settings menu.

Once you have tried these steps, feel free to reply with the results that you have received. If the problem persist then you can send me a private message with the mobile number & a contact number so I can further troubleshoot.

Thank you...

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I understand how frustrating this must be. My personal device had this problem and I found a solution that worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you as well.

1. Put the device in Airplane mode (hold power button and select airplane mode)

2. Wait 3 minutes for changes to take effect. You should see the airplane icon in the notification bar as well as the airplane lock screen.

3. Power the device off and wait 15 seconds.

4. Power the device on. Once sense loads, turn airplane mode off.

5. In the settings>Wireless & Networks Menu, check the box entitled "Mobile Network"

6. Everything should re-provision and data should be restored.

If the steps above do not resolve you issue you may want to try a master reset. Resetting the phone deletes all data, including downloaded applications, and resets the phone back to its initial state—the state before you turned on the phone for the first time.

Important: Make sure to back up important data you have on the phone before you reset your device.

Master Reset:

1. From the home screen, touch Menu
  2. Touch Settings 
  3. Touch SD & phone storage
  4. Touch Factory data reset
  5. Tap Reset phone 
  6. Tap Erase everything

Reset may take anywhere from 1 - 10 minutes for reset and restart depending on amount of data on device.

I hope this information has been helpful.

0 Likes