Fascinate, no signal problems???
jrmunch

So, I went to the Verizon store to take advantage of the "buy one get one free" deal to upgrade myself and wife's phones to new Fascinates.

The first thing the sales person said is "you don't want this phone", "it has signal issues"  and immediately started pushing the HTC Incredible.   I had read about the GPS problems but I have not read anything about the phone having zero bars and not being able to frequently place calls.   The sale person was using a Fascinate as his personal phone and said the only thing going for it was the screen.

Needless to say, we left with no new phones :smileysad:

Can anyone validate this claim?  The phone in the store constantly had two bars. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Fascinate, no signal problems???
Sexy43
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is true! The Fascinate is no good do not get it. I am on my second Fascinate. Which the first one was brand new and no good and the second one was Certified Pre-Owned on 11/24/2010. That is no good either!. I have been sending Verizon email and they do not wan to own up to the problems the Fascinate is having. My husband and I both got the buy one get one free in September. Which we should have waited. The online sales person had the nerve to tell me I can add  another line to get another phone or pay 599 full price for the Droid 2. Like I told her before I pay full price or add another line and be in a two year agreement I will  pay the early termination. So my advice do not get the FASCINATE

0 Likes
jrmunch

Interesting...thanks for the reply.

After some more searching, it seems like over all this issue is isolated to a small number of people/phones.

Oh well, we'll just wait until the next pool of new devices come in the following months.

0 Likes
RaeRae

I agree with the previous comments.. I purchased this phone November 13 and its GREAT for looks/texting/internet but the reception is UPSETTING. I got better reception with my freaking VOYAGER (the phone I owned pre-Fascinate) than I do with this phone. And I'm one of those people who uses a phone for texting and calling- so this problem so early on makes me nervous. I would recommend this phone, but I have yet to get to the bottom of this issue of frequently dropped calls and poor reception.

0 Likes
tubesokk

Same issues. My wife and I got the phones on Sept 11. They pushed the fascinate hard saying there are small problems but a new update with flash was coming soon that would fix everything. Four months later, no update, same issues. How can we as consumers make a decision in 30 days if we like a phone if we aren't told the whole truth? Now I'm stuck with this {word filter avoidance} phone/ pretty paperweight. Until Verizon decides to get off of their big red behinds and do something, I'm going to call them everyday and complain. Not that they care, they have their 2 year contract / prison sentance. Thanks Verizon . Your impenetrable wall of incompetence has joined the ranks with the rest of corporate America. Congratulations.

0 Likes
pooperscooper

I've had my Fascinate about 10 days. There are some bugs but I haven't had any reception problems. I don't really care about the bars, I go by signal strength and 3G speeds. Yesterday with a friend at work, standing next to each other, my Fascinate got better 3G network speeds than his HTC Incredible running the latest 2.2 update. However, for me, 3G network speeds are all over the place (200Kb up to 1Mb) depending on where I'm at and time of day and who knows what else. I believe that's just Verizon, not the phone.

0 Likes
Stein5830
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually I have seen a decrease in reception over the past two months of ownership.. at this point o really only have 1 bar of 3G at the best anywhere in Miami. I am going to be calling VZW to get a refurb sent out, this horrible reception isn't working for me.

0 Likes