Fascinate problem with app sharing links via email after Froyo upgrade
cygnetswan

Since the Froyo 2.2 upgrade, I've noticed that anytime I select "Share" via email from an app - the Title is included in the email message, BUT NOT the the actual link.  This happens with all news apps and other apps.  Good grief.  I'm 7 months into a 2-year contract and sooooo tired of bugs with this phone (Samsung Fascinate).  Wish I'd waited for the iPhone.  I know iPhones are buggy too, but this droid situation is like a friggin free-for-all sometimes.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fascinate problem with app sharing links via email after Froyo upgrade
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi cygnetswan,

I apologize for the delayed reply and understand your concern regarding the Froyo update.  I would suggest  deleting then re-adding your email account  and clearing the cache for the specific app you are trying use.  

To clear the cache go to: Menu>Settings>Manage Applications>All>Select the app you are using>Clear Cache.  To delete your email account: Menu>Accounts & Sync>Select your email account>Remove Account.  Please follow the previous steps to re-add your email account.

Additionally there was a software update released on June 08, 2011.  If you have not already complete the updated, I have attached the link: Software Update.  I hope these steps resolve your issue, if not please let me know.

Thank you for your patience,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Fascinate problem with app sharing links via email after Froyo upgrade
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi cygnetswan,

I apologize for the delayed reply and understand your concern regarding the Froyo update.  I would suggest  deleting then re-adding your email account  and clearing the cache for the specific app you are trying use.  

To clear the cache go to: Menu>Settings>Manage Applications>All>Select the app you are using>Clear Cache.  To delete your email account: Menu>Accounts & Sync>Select your email account>Remove Account.  Please follow the previous steps to re-add your email account.

Additionally there was a software update released on June 08, 2011.  If you have not already complete the updated, I have attached the link: Software Update.  I hope these steps resolve your issue, if not please let me know.

Thank you for your patience,

0 Likes