Fascinate screen goes black and can't get it back
vtolin

Over the weekend, I was looking through the market finding apps when all of a sudden my screen went black. I could hear my text message alert and people could call and I heard the ring but my screen was blank and couldn't access anything. I had my phone for 10 days. Yesterday the dealer gave me a new Fascinate since they had never heard of it doing that. Then...last night I was on my home screen and it did it again and i can't get it back!!!! I've got a call into the store again and they aren't sure but are thinking maybe it's an app that's causing the issue. Has anyone else dealt with something like this???? I like the phone but I guess if I have to switch I will.

0 Likes
Re: Fascinate screen goes black and can't get it back
vtolin

Thanks to Noah and his post on the Black Screen post.....it's app related! Thanks to my verizon store for replacing my phone once again!!!

0 Likes
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

I'm glad Noah's post was able to resolve your issue!:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
bethie0620

Can you direct me to Noah's post?  I have not been able to find it.  Thanks!

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3
0 Likes
Porter316

yep.....i've seen that post......i followed the reset instructions perfect......3 times now.

if the reset doesn't work, then what??????

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

If the screen continues to go black after the reset.  Try deleting any applications that you have downloaded that may be conflicting with the default screen settings.  If there are conflicting  applications that are saved on the SD card after the reset, you would want to remove those applications as well.  

From the home screen, select Applications.
Select Settings.
Select Applications.
Select Manage Applications
Select a service.
Select the option to remove the application.  

0 Likes
channin

mine has done the same thing twice! im not sure if i should switch phones or not though. i will be heading back to the Verizon store for the third time this week tomorrow.

0 Likes
Pablodragon

Updating this post in case someone searches and finds it... thought I saw another with my solution, but I cant find it now.

My wife and I both got the Fascinate, you notice these posts are from, now, a year or more ago, but in Sept of 2011, Verizon was giving them away for free with the 2 year plan

anyway, my phone was working fine, but my wife's started doing the blank screen, only after she would take or place a call. She would take the phone away from her ear, then just black screen... no button pushed or screen touch would bring it back...not even holding the power button. Only thing that would bring it back would be if the other person hung up.

There is a sensor on the upper left corner of the face that detects when the phone is against your ear or not. I had got her a nice little sticker from SkinIt and the cut-out for that sensor was not on right, in fact it slipped down just slightly with age and was half covering the 2 little dots...  cut out the hole bigger and now no problem!

0 Likes