Just wondering if anyone else was having a problem with their mp3 songs skipping while playing on the stock music player. I've wiped the phone and SD card and re-downloaded the songs and they still skip while playing.
It seems you have a system error in your phone. I would recommend formatting the microSD card and performing a factory reset on your device. The steps to do this are listed below:
1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)
2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk
3. Let Go of Home Button and Power
4. Press Search Button (Far Right Button)
5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device
6. Select Yes to verify
7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)
8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot
9. Sometimes phone hangs after reboot and will take a while but if no response after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)
Music player still skipping! Took it in store, they said wipe the phone and the card that should fix it. Nope didn't work so they gave me a new phone. Meanwhile I ordered my husband a Fascinate online and when it arrived I stole his brand new SD card only copied over my music and still skips. Put the card in his Fascinate, music skips. My daughter has my Droid X, put my SD card in tonight... the music does NOT skip. Put it in my other daughters Incredible, does NOT skip. SOMEBODY PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!! I love this phone except for the music player! Also tried in Droid Eris and Droid 1 and BB Storm. No skips on any other phone or on computer, only on my Fascinate !!!
In case someone is still looking for the solution to this problem (I had it with my Fascinate and a replacement Fascinate). The issue is with widgets. For me, I had a battery widget running (Battery Circle). When I deleted the widget, the problem stopped. Other battery widgets have been reported to cause this problem also...and not just with the Fascinate. Hope this helps!!