Fascinate takes screen shots when lock button is pressed randomly
jonathanp63

Hi all, this is my first post on here.  

To start off I'll mention that I got a replacement phone in the mail and activated it already prior to posting this two days ago.

On my first phone, the lock button would randomly take screen shots when pressed.  Or, it would put the screen in sleep mode like it's supposed to, but then it would light back up to the puzzle lock screen.  This would happen every time that I tried to lock the phone.

Upon receiving the replacement phone, things worked great, up until it updated to 2.2 android froyo.  I don't know if anybody else is having these problems, but it's driving me insane!  It's not as bad on the new replacement (it was under warranty so I don't think that I got a refurb one).

Other than the screen shots and messed up locking screen, it would frequently just not even do anything when I press the lock button.  The screen would stay exactly where it was and the touch screen was still usable.  I would have to continuously try for several minutes for it to lock.  Needless to say, it wastes a lot of battery when the screen is left on that much.

I'm not trying to throw too much into this one forum post, but on top of all of that random junk, my touch-pad buttons (home, menu, back, search) seem to randomly be pressed every now and then when I am using the screen to browse the web and any sort of app that came with the phone.

Since receiving the new phone, I have not downloaded any third-party apps of any kind.  On the former phone, I did a factory reset with the customer service technician and still got all of the same issues.  Even after removing my apps.

I'm hoping somebody could please help me out with all of these ridiculous issues.  I used to love this phone, but now I'm ready to just call up and complain until I can get a phone that doesn't need a leash.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fascinate takes screen shots when lock button is pressed randomly
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

I would recommend a master reset. From the home screen press menu the half envelope button>settings>privacy>Factory data reset. This will ensure that there are no application interfering with the device. Please remember to back up data prior to resetting device. If you still encounter any errors Please call technical  support at 800-922-0204 option 3 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

I would recommend a master reset. From the home screen press menu the half envelope button>settings>privacy>Factory data reset. This will ensure that there are no application interfering with the device. Please remember to back up data prior to resetting device. If you still encounter any errors Please call technical  support at 800-922-0204 option 3 

0 Likes
mzrdisi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had the same problem since I have had the phone. Before 2.2 and beyond up to ED04. Hell today it happened 5 times. Reset most likely won't do anything. You're better off turing it in for a warranty replacement.

0 Likes