Fascinate upgrade
gfjan

I contacted Verizon Tech Support Friday late morning for some issues with my phone and also asked about the new FROYO upgrade.  The tech I spoke with told me that the upgrade has already been pushed out and that I should have received a banner at the top of my phone for this upgrade (which I did not or have not to this date), nor will it download by going to "about phone" and clicking on system upgrades.  Verizon's suggestion was go to a Verizon Store (Corporate Store) and have them download this upgrade, which I will attempt today.

0 Likes
Re: Fascinate upgrade
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please post again with the results as so many are waiting for the update fixes and Froyo and let us know what they actually did put on your phone. Thanks

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It's unlikely it's rolling out right now.  Otherwise it'd be all over the blogs and forums.

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think your 100% correct in saying that pjnc284 just another rep that doesn't know what he is talking about.

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

No update has been released for the Samsung Fascinate. Once we have information in reference to the update we will pass it along.

0 Likes
GabrielRayven
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there any information then on the djo5 upgrade then? I have long since given up on Froyo, now I just want my phone to work as advertised when I purchased it, and getting toyed with by Verizon took me past the 30 day return policy. So I feel some honesty is in order since I pay my bill on time every month. I am upholding my end of the contract, how about giving us some serious attention?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

DJ05 was apparently buggy and scrapped for DL09.  Verizon updated their Fascinate support page to show DL09 yesterday so the update should be coming soon.  I've been running a customized version of DJ05 for about a month with no issues and there really is no difference between it and DL09 so I'm holding tight. 

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/samsung_fascinate.pdf

0 Likes
yoworm

Isn't it funny that minutes after they announce the iphone for verizon they change the website to reflect that, but months after all of our phones have been known to be broken they still have not pushed a fix or update or even had the simple good business sense to apologize and give a release date.  

Now that the iphone is out maybe they will be less consumed with new customer acquisition and more concerned with customer retention.  LoL who am I kidding they will continue to rape us until we decide to leave because they are Verizon after all and they can.  

Its also strange how I have seen corrections of a verizon web page that shows a Dl09 update yet no verizon rep knows what that is.  I have also seen internet comments from people saying they got the update.  When I check my fascinate like the rest of yours that does not operate as advertised it states that there is no update available.  What happened to the days when customers and citizens would exercise their right to protest.  I would love to be a part of a group of thousands around the United States that would take their fascinates into Verizon and not leave with out a credit or a phone exchange for a phone that works as advertised.  The main problem is that it would take upwards of 50 thousand customers before they would even bat an eye and maybe more than with their anticipated growth from those persons who want to leave AT & T.  

With the improvements in Sprints cell coverage in the last couple of years and the continual decline in customer service from Verizon.  I would love to see the same group of thousands of protestors to put Sprint on top.  They were first with the 4g, first with a phone as great as the EVO, their nights and weekends start at 7pm not 9pm.  They have individual simply everything plans that priced at 69.99 and family share plans that include data that Verizon wont touch.

Remember when phone companies would say if you switch to us we will waive a connection fee or give you a discount we want your business.  Can you remember when the last time was that verizon did something like that?  I can't either, they do not even address the customers who are disgusted with them now.  Have any of you received an email explaining whats going on with your broken phones and giving you a date to look forward to of when they would be fixed.  Have any of you even seen a response from Verizon rep that has said anything other than there is no update nor do we want to give you a date when your 600 dollar piece of equipment would be fixed?

I have yet to come a cross a verizon employee who has been sincere or offered any type of explanation let alone a solution to this problem.  I would even be happy with store credit so I could get another phone.  It is disgusting how Verizon conducts business and possibly more disgusting is how we as customers allow this to happen.  Maybe most disgusting of all of this is the Verizon defenders who are completely happy with the service and see no room for improvement.

I guess I am done my rant because it is the same of the issues that many of you have and Verizon has not responded to you and I know that I am wasting my time here too, but if I can stop one person from renewing their contract or switching to verizon to avoid this mistreatment of customers it will be worth the time spent.  

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

yoworm wrote:

Remember when phone companies would say if you switch to us we will waive a connection fee or give you a discount we want your business.  Can you remember when the last time was that verizon did something like that?  I can't either  

EVERY time someone signs up with Verizon, they are offered a discount on their phone.

0 Likes
klflote

Ms_Shonta wrote:

No update has been released for the Samsung Fascinate. Once we have information in reference to the update we will pass it along.

Information about the update has already been passed along:

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/samsung_fascinate.html

The question is why this update isn't actually available even though Verizon has announced it. Like the OP, when I try and follow the instructions Verizon has provided me so that I can get the update, it tells me that the update isn't available.

I realize the update isn't Froyo, but I do expect it to fix my GPS issues. I hope that the fact that Verizon has announced its availability means that I may actually get it in a reasonable amount of time.

0 Likes