Re: Fascinate upgrade
mvmotta
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with you 100%.  I really love my phone and haven't had any major troubles.  Sometimes lags, but otherwize i am super-happy! (Maybe because my last phone was a BB Storm!! :smileyhappy: )

0 Likes
sledge3n8

There are ways to remove the bloatware (pre-installed apps) from your phone.  You will have to Google it because I'm not sure that I should tell you on VZW's forum.  I know that the bloatware is Bee Es and we should have the option to uninstall it if we decide we don't want it!  Especially the CityID!  Good luck!  I hope you do some searching because the phone is much cleaner without the bloatware!

0 Likes
Yaeckman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm sorry but that's not what your website shows.  On January 10th Verzion Advertised that there was a new Maintenance release.  The DL-09.  No you did not get Froyo which I could care less about but what I want is the MR2 Update.  Are you telling me that was false advertising?

0 Likes
SoFresco

I just received the DL09 update, no worries people, it is coming.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

well it took a month but looks like it's finally here for you guys.  And it looks like xda has beat verizon to getting Froyo (albeit with only the most basic functions currently) on the Fascinate and that tasty Gingerbread isn't too far away either. :smileywink:

0 Likes
gfjan

Went to the corporate store, was told that there isn't a download for any of the smartphones that a corporate store can download, downloads are always over the air!!!!!!!  I guess what this says is that every answer is different when you speak to Verizon Wirelss, there is no one that really knows what there doing ------ or saying to their customers. I was told by the corporate store that there is no Froyo Upgrade 2.2 on the horizon for the Fascinate, any and all upgrades go to Verizon from Samsung.

Too bad I didin't have anything exciting to report to you all  from this trip!!!!!!

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

the corporate store cannotflash the phone any differently than you or I can. OTA is the only option. xda will have gingerbread ready pretty soon, so who cares about froyo.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

not entirely true.  Some do have the ability to flash updates. Heck even I can flash the DL09 via computer. 

0 Likes