Fascinate will not connect with email server 3-5 hours per day.
Retiredf5

All the features on the phone; text messaging, internet browsing and the phone(coming and going) work well and quickly but my email problem is driving me nuts.

I live in Williamsburg VA and have been back to the main store several times without luck. I've been on the phone with the 800# techs at Verizon, and while they try to help, still have the problem. They have reset the phone, manually walked me through the reset process--  similar to the automatically mode by dialing *228, #1.

Regardless if I'm on the 3G network or WiFi(both showing 3 bars) I receive no email several time a day for up to 5 hours - -this is even though my home computer is getting them. I run a small business and the lost message are killing me.

I'm open for any suggestions

0 Likes
Re: Fascinate will not connect with email server 3-5 hours per day.
tschroder

Can't help but I have the same issue in Northern Virginia. Reboot helps momentarily then it stops receiving e-mails again. Starts receiving again later with no intervention. Calls and SMS apparently continue, uninterrupted. It's very frustrating and has rendered the device nearly useless.

0 Likes
spinner1

I am in Downtown Los Angeles and i am having the same problem for the last 2 days.  My phone is not showing me my emails.  Last night it started working but again today I am having the same issue.

0 Likes
Slapshot32
I have the same email issues and seemed to have fixed the problem by creating a gmail account and forwarding my other email accounts to the gmail address. I now receive all my emails with out any delay.
0 Likes
Dearie323

I'm having the same issue -check the laptop or PC and the inbox is filled with new emails, yet no new emails on the Fascinate......sometimes no new messages for 12-15hrs.  Tried soft reboots, deleting the email accounts and re-installing, updating roaming and still no timely emails incoming.  Spent 1hr 47min with Verizon and Samsung tech support for this very problem.  Bottom line per Samsung tech support -Droid Operating Platform (OS) is designed to run Gmail in 'real time' and any other ISP can take up to 2 days to hit your inbox.  Droid considers this perfectly acceptable.  Samsung tech support said to Google (not on your phone) 'droid apps' and then research apps for email.  He said to look only at those with a 5 star rating and with 100 ratings or more.  When asked if he could save me the time and hassle of researching and just tell me a good app, he couldn't - he could lose his job.  He was sympathetic and agreed it was **bleep**.

Another tip he gave was to delete your email accounts BEFORE downloading an email app.  Once the app is downloaded re-install your email account(s).  Doing it otherwise will confuse the OS and you'll have the same lag time issues of incoming email.

I'm going to try K 9 app based on research reviews.

0 Likes
KK4275
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here in FL.......so its not a location trouble,its the darn  phone........

I downloaded AOL on my phone so I can get my emails faster............this is ridiculous!

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

The same in San Francisco Bay Area. However, Yahoo Mail application from Android Market works perfectly. So I am ok with that.

0 Likes
yakkobsu

Same thing here in Indianapolis.  I will go almost all day with no emails making it to my phone only to check email at home and find 20+ waiting for me.  Other times I can send an email and get it on the phone in about 10 seconds.  Device seems unreliable for email.

0 Likes
Pappa-Dave

I was having the same issue too, searched and found K-9 Mail.  Set up my accounts (optonline and hotmail), and for the most part have had few issues, except when in poor reception area either 3G or WiFi.  Hope that helps

0 Likes
jfeltman

You are not alone.  I have done everything!  I want a Blackberry back!  I think it is some plan to make everyone switch and use a G-mail account.  The only people not having problems are G-mail users.  Let me know if you find out anyting.,  I am about to turn it back in for a Blackberry!

0 Likes