Re: Fascinate will not connect with email server 3-5 hours per day.
sparky1934

I am having the same problem.  Called Verizon support, Samsung suport and no fix.  Suggested maybe the Android 2.2 update would fix the problem.  Think I am going to take phone back and get another type....very unhappy.  There are no error messages that come up when email is not being received, very unreliable

0 Likes
Re: Fascinate email problems including not connecting to server.
geethelp

In the month and a half that I have owned the Fascinate I have not been able to send email although I am able to receive emails.  I must have gotten lucky because, in spite of error messages during the setup of the pop3 accounts for Time Warner Road Runner, I have been able to receive emails, but not send them.  Today I spent two hours at the Verison store while the representative consulted with verizon Level 3 support.  During this time they deleted my Road Runner account (whoch was recieving emails) and tried to add it again without success.  At this point email is not working.  The suggestion was that I use yahoo or gmail for the outgoing server but I am unable to test this theory becuase I must first get past the setup and testing of the incoming server settings, which are not working now.

Wjhat is the consensus as to the problem?  Is it a Samsung software issue?  Verizon claims no responsibility and Road Runner just gives me the same POP3 settings that I use for my computer successfully.

0 Likes
Re: Fascinate will not connect with email server 3-5 hours per day.
Lala07

This is totally normal.
UNHAPPY ABOUT IT
but totally normal.
The gmails come in flawlessly but the polling service for Hotmail, Yahoo, etc is horrible.
There is nothing you can do about it. It's a Samsung issue in their programming and Samsung corporate says to use a different email application instead of their native client.
If you came from a Blackberry and rely on the email, then you are going to be sorely disappointed. Gmail is the most reliable on this device. I loved my Blackberry but I wanted more power.

0 Likes
geethelp

At this point I don't know the reason for the email problems with the Fascinate but in my case I was attempting to connect to a Time Warner Road Runner account.  I found a terrific work around in the Android Forum, which I implemented earlier today, and I am now able to receive and send emails.   It involves accessing the Road Runner account through gmail.  Frankly, I like the gmail interface much better than the fascinate email becaue I can check and delete multiple emails at once instead of one by one.  Here is the approach submitted by jwbeeler to the Android Forum  

You can use RR in gmail.

Click on 'Settings' (top right corner)
Click on 'Accounts and Import'
Click on 'Add POP3 email account'
Type your email address
Supply username/password, etc.

After you confirm the email:

Click on 'Settings' (top right corner)
Click on 'Accounts and Import'
In the 'Send mail as' section, click on the 'make default' next to your rr account.
All your outgoing mail will have a "reply to" address of your rr account.

Then use GMAIL an sync all your folders.

It seems harder than it really is.

0 Likes
smrsno

geethelp...........Thanks....this is awesome. Now I can receive every email that comes to my POP3 account!!  I don't depend on my POP3 account but love it that I can now receive and send email from my Samsung Fascinate. I can even choose to send it from my POP3 account or the gmail account.

0 Likes
sparky1934

That is probably a good work around (using Gmail).  I went in and setup the hotmail account to come in and as soon as I did a popup came up saying it could take up to 2 days to import.  Samsung needs to come up with a good fix for the email problem. 

0 Likes
Here is a solution for hotmail users to get Hotmail to push to your device.
RichmondHokie

This is for Hotmail only.  This was the main thing I didn't like about this phone but now I am very happy.  Try it if you use Hotmail.  Delete your existing email account and then do this:

• First, you put in your email address and password, then you hit "manual setup" (not "next"), then choose "Exchange". From there, you'll see the following...
  • Domain\Username: Clear out and put in your full hotmail address
  • Password: if not pre-filled, obviously put in your hotmail password
  • Server: m.hotmail.com
  • Check "Use Secure Connection  (SSL)"
  • Not sure yet on "accept all SSL Certificates " - I've had it unchecked with no issues so far
Set email frequency to Push.  

The only drawback is you can only sync 1 month of email messages.
0 Likes
Re: Here is a solution for hotmail users to get Hotmail to push to your device.
Mart

I don't have a " push " option, it only has 5 minutes as the most frequent, that I see under

settings.

0 Likes
Re: Here is a solution for hotmail users to get Hotmail to push to your device.
Indianchief
Contributor - Level 1

Works like a charm.  This is the first time I send a message to my Hotmail account and the phone gets it immediately.  Thank you!!  :smileyvery-happy: Now if we only knew how to get Comcast Mail to work..........:smileysad:

0 Likes
woodchipper

Maildroid application is working  100% of the time for me.  Have Maildroid and Samsung mail program running on device. Maildroid is reliable and lets me know when the Samsung program stops working.  Originally  had phone replaced within 30 days, both have same issue. Samsung email  works for a few days before quitting, then the frequency of stopping increases. Now it  fails once or twice during a day, everyday.       

0 Likes