Feels like Im going in circles waiting for a replacement S5
Its-Annie
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone has been glitchier since the last update. Occasionally freezing, apps closing while in use, then I got a warning about reaching my data limit a week or so after my monthly start date. My phone will no longer connect to wifi at home, at work or anywhere. Bluetooth doesn't work either.  One week ago today I called Verizon and I was to receive a replacement and according to the tracking # I should have received it Monday. When I checked it again, it now says that (on May 8th) the postal service has identified a problem with the processing of this item. Last night I called Verizon and talked to customer service who was very nice to me but not very helpful, in the end up, he gave me a # and told me to call USPS so today I take time from work to be on hold with the post office and Im not exaggerating, for an hour! The person that took my call looked up my tracking # and read the same msg to me that I had already seen and I said Ok, what does that mean? His response was I dunno, anything else I can tell you? Lets just say my response to him wasn't ladylike.. Who should I be dealing with on this matter, who is responsible? If the PO are having a problem processing it, did Vz do something wrong?

0 Likes
Re: Feels like Im going in circles waiting for a replacement S5
TheNatural
Contributor - Level 1

You made a big jump from Kitkat to Lollipop in terms of software and a lot of Galaxy S5 owners are experiencing these issues. Although this does not necessarily mean that the phone needs to be replaced or that it's all of a sudden defective. Have you done a factory reset on the phone to help clear up your issues? As far as the shipping these things happen, since USPS couldn't provide you with a straight answer call Verizon back and have them cancel your order and they can reprocess a warranty replacement.

I would wipe the phone and set it up as a "New Device" and don't restore from your backup via Google or your problems might come back. Your 3rd party applications may be causing some issues as well as not all of these apps are optimized to work or play nice with the Lollipop update.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Its-Annie, your time is valuable to us and we apologize for the delay in providing you with a replacement device. Delivery can take 4-5 business days. Did you have a chance to track the shipment of your warranty replacement device online at USPS.com ?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Its-Annie
Enthusiast - Level 3

LasinaH_VZW  Did you read my post?

0 Likes