Fingerprint scanner will not setup
Bjhasson2424
Enthusiast - Level 2

After setting up the pin an error message appears. I have already cleared cache in the fingerprint app , and I have tried a hard reset. It has worked perfect since I bought phone and after the update it is no longer working. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Fingerprint scanner will not setup
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you please tell me what is the make and model of your device?

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Bjhasson2424
Enthusiast - Level 2

Galaxy 7 edge 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for providing your phone model Bjhasson2424. Let's get this fingerprint feature working. Are you using any other 3rd party security or fingerprints apps you downloaded?

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

clean the screen

Bjhasson2424
Enthusiast - Level 2

No 3rd party apps. I have tried cleaning it. I have also tried setting up the fingerprint scanner with the phone in safe mode. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bjhasson2424-

We certainly want your fingerprint feature to work as it should. What error message are you getting when setting up your fingerprint? To confirm, are you using the fingerprint feature that comes pre-installed on your phone?

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Bjhasson2424
Enthusiast - Level 2

0 Likes