Firmware 2.3.5
tpat92

I checked my phones status today and I saw I'm running the 2.3.5 firmware and when I searched around online I found thats a pretty old firmware. & two, when I choose system updates and check select status it tells says "status: service unavailable" My phones been running really badly lately and I was hoping that maybe if I can update the software it will work better. Can anybody help?!

0 Likes
Re: Firmware 2.3.5
dbus9999

I am having the same issue with the Samsung Facinate.  Same Firmware Version and I lost all service about 3 hours ago.  It goes in and out for a second every once in a while but I am unable to update the phone because there is no service.  Calling verizon now...would rather do anything but call them.  End of contract can't come soon enough. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi tapt92,

Thank you for the excellent question. I can definitely assist you with your device. Your phone is actually running on the most recent software. It looks like we would have to further troubleshoot your device. What type of issues are you having on your device? Please let us know so we can further assistance you.

Thanks,

NidiaA_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
tpat92

My phone has been restarting itself a lot lately, I've had to factory reset my phone 3 times in the past 5 or so months, it's constantly lagging, sometimes it won't ring when I get a message or a notification, and it's been force closing quite a few apps lately.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tpat92-

I'm sorry to learn of the troubles you have experienced on the device. With a large update, a hard reset can become necessary to enhance the devices performance. Please back up your personal info to Google, then follow http://bit.ly/RzThXE  to complete reset.

Keep me posted!
Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes