First Charge
chatting1

How long should you let the phone charge the first  time out of the box?

0 Likes
Re: First Charge
JoshuaYP

Charge the initial 24-hour battery charge with the cell phone turned off.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

I've never pre-charged a phone and haven't noticed any negative effects.  Do note that it'll probably end up taking longer to charge if you're playing with it.

0 Likes
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
Agreed, I also have never done the initial 24hr phone off charged and never had an issue. What you need to be careful about with the new batteries is running them dead. I never run my fascinate below 20%. Once the indicator shows yellow it's on the charger. I get 12hrs + with heavy texting, browsing and a hour + phone use.
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah apparently there's no benefit in fully discharging lithium ion batteries and you're better off recharging after a partial discharge and full discharging it maybe once a month to keep the calibration accurate.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

I, personally, charge it when I first get it. now, charging this phone on or off has the same effect, so the phone being off is unimportant, in reality. as far as the  24 hour charge, I don't know who ever came up withthat, because these phones terminate charging once full and keep telling you to unplug it, discouraging you from doing this. once a battery's full, the fact is, it's full (new or not), making the extended initial charge idea confusing to me.

0 Likes