First week with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
nimblesd
Enthusiast - Level 1

It didn't start well, but I now have a world class hand held device!  I received the phone by mail from Verizon.  The screen is unbelievable.  However, I had problems right away.  The phone overheated, signal coverage was weak, and battery life was unacceptably poor.  I called Verizon and they told me to bring the phone into a store for immediate replacement.  I went to the store and I left with a GREAT DEVICE!  The battery life is more than acceptable for a 4G phone.  The coverage has been just as wonderful as my prior phone (BB).  There are no overheating issues.   My corporate email and calendar sync perfectly.  My personal Google accounts sync perfectly as well.  I am just learning how to use this device.  I am very happy with it.

Re: First week with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
ghyrome
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is good to hear some good news regarding a sGnVz replacement.  Most replacements have not gone as well.  I almost had mine replaced at Best Buy, but the Geek Squad convinced me to wait until the upcoming firmware upgrade.  I'll be interested to hear if your second week will bring happiness and not another replacement.

0 Likes
nimblesd
Enthusiast - Level 1

So far so good!

scorch968
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's good to hear, my father and I both got one and we haven't had any issues thus far. First run silicone will likely have some issues to iron out. I can imagine that now they have made improvements as a result of feedback from customers etc and phones in the near future should be relatively bug free.

0 Likes