Flash player
jhelms1964

i installed the Flash player 10.3 update today, and immediately it screwed my phone up,capacitive buttons would flash when recieving a call, couldnt power phone down, it changed the power button into camera button had to pull battery, and many other strange things, as soon as i uninstalled update everything was back to normal, just a heads up to anyone who might experience similair behavior !!

0 Likes
Re: Flash player
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

jhelms1964 wrote:

i installed the Flash player 10.3 update today, and immediately it screwed my phone up,capacitive buttons would flash when recieving a call, couldnt power phone down, it changed the power button into camera button had to pull battery, and many other strange things, as soon as i uninstalled update everything was back to normal, just a heads up to anyone who might experience similair behavior !!

I updated to 10.3 and had no issues with the update
0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Sounds like a bad download, I would try it again.

0 Likes
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you for your replies. Jhelms1964, were you able to try the install again? If so, did you experience the same issue? 

Please let us know!

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
underdude

I too have the same problem as far as I can tell as the flash player seems to be the culprit... yet mine is a little worse as I can't figure out how to remove the app because it keeps adding itself when I turn my phone off then on again.

It is causing all kinds of havoc: menus aren't working/freezing, apps lose their icons until a reboot, apps crashing, other apps failing during their update processes, home screens going black then coming back on in intervals, and every time I turn my phone off/on it pings my POP email accounts and pulls in emails I've already received and deleted on the phone. So every time I have to delete a few hundred emails as soon as I turn my phone on.

Like I said, I tried using the Market to uninstall Flash Player 10.3 and it was successful. But as soon as I power down then up it automatically downloads and installs it without letting me cancel it.

I'm at a loss of what to do so any help from the community would be greatly appreciated. If I don't figure this out with your help I'm going to have to take it into a store if I can find the time to break away from the job.

Phone Details:

Droid 2

System Ver 2.3.20.A955

Android Ver 2.2

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

underdude wrote:

I too have the same problem as far as I can tell as the flash player seems to be the culprit... yet mine is a little worse as I can't figure out how to remove the app because it keeps adding itself when I turn my phone off then on again.

It is causing all kinds of havoc: menus aren't working/freezing, apps lose their icons until a reboot, apps crashing, other apps failing during their update processes, home screens going black then coming back on in intervals, and every time I turn my phone off/on it pings my POP email accounts and pulls in emails I've already received and deleted on the phone. So every time I have to delete a few hundred emails as soon as I turn my phone on.

Like I said, I tried using the Market to uninstall Flash Player 10.3 and it was successful. But as soon as I power down then up it automatically downloads and installs it without letting me cancel it.

I'm at a loss of what to do so any help from the community would be greatly appreciated. If I don't figure this out with your help I'm going to have to take it into a store if I can find the time to break away from the job.

Phone Details:

Droid 2

System Ver 2.3.20.A955

Android Ver 2.2

One option left is Factory Reset
0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

underdude wrote:

Phone Details:

Droid 2

System Ver 2.3.20.A955

Android Ver 2.2

I understand your discontent. If you have not stopped by a store as stated on your post, I would recommend to perform a factory reset as suggested by nickjr (thank you). Please find detailed instructions to perform a factory reset at the link below.

Hard Reset - Samsung Fascinate Instructions

0 Likes
underdude

Hi all, Thanks for your replies.

I tried the factory reset prior to visiting a store but although the reset seems to complete successfully when the phone turns back on it is still reverting back to the prior week -- all my apps, contacts, emails etc are still there as if it was a week ago.

So it seems it can't save the current state when the phone turns off -- or something along those lines.

The service rep at the Verizon store told me to simply order a replacement phone. So that's what I'll do :smileywink:

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

check the following:

Menu...Settings...Privacy...

If  Back up my data is checked AND Automatic Restore is checked,

then I think after you do a factory reset...Google will attempt to

restore your phone to its prior state based on these backups.

If you turn off/ uncheck these 2 options... then google will

delete your backups on its servers.

Then when you do a factory reset...Phone should stay 'as is'..until

you change it and/or install apps.

0 Likes
underdude

Sorry, no luck there. I unchecked both options and did the factory reset.

Following the reboot everything is as it was on June 17th. apps, emails, alarm clocks, updates, etc are all loading just as it does every time i turn the phone off/on...

:smileysad:

0 Likes