Forums: A Learning Experience Or.....
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1
There are consistently a handful of people on this forum who at times seems like they are shills for samsung and verizon. They act like they are a legend in their own mind, as if their opinion is the only one that counts. Some have resorted to childlike name calling tantrums. Of course they are entitled to their opinions, doesn't matter if we agree with them or not! When I read some of their comments I can't help but think are you serious, you REALLY believe that!? Is it actually their genuine opinion or do they have a hidden agenda?

Chances are, if you are offended by my comments you may be one of the shills of which I am speaking! This is in no way a personal attack on anyone who expresses their opinions on this forum. This is America and everyone has the right to express themselves or make a fool of themselves, peacefully, even if they are wrong! The purpose of the forum is to learn from each other, not to degrade those you don't agree with!
0 Likes
Re: Forums: A Learning Experience Or.....
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

you mentiond samsung and verizon

i bet you want froyo, btu dont like our comments

am i right?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

As opposed to the ones throwing hissy fits because they haven't gotten the update they thought they were promised?  It's a peer-to-peer forum.  Whining and complaining isn't going to get you anywhere.

0 Likes
notgoodenough
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Dad-Bill

I feel the same way. No matter how nice you are in this forum if they don't like what you are posting they say you  are whining. sighs.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

when people come on here saying: "I want froyo, or else...", or "when is froyo coming?" or any number of ways people come on here, threatening because they don't have a phone update, it really gets old. it especially gets old when there are so many threads on this topic, a simple search would tell you what's going on. but, instead, people just keep adding threadfs, and threatening, and complaining. people need to learn to read what's already on the forum before flooding it with crap like threatening people who aren't listening (samsung, verizon, fcc) to this forum, and complaining, thinking it will accomplish something. all it does is anger those of us just trying to come on here and ask/answer real/relevant questions.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

if you think its bad now you shoulda been here for the iphone presale and all the delivery threads ect ect

0 Likes
notgoodenough
Enthusiast - Level 2
Sighs
0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

Dad-Bill wrote:
The purpose of the forum is to learn from each other, not to degrade those you don't agree with!

I agree with this statement about the forum's purpose.

So, I have to ask what people learn from others who repeatedly voice their displeasure about not having Froyo? What does that teach someone? Does it add any informational value to the site? It's usually answered by rumors which then get taken as fact and is followed by another post asking why the "promised" Froyo upgrade isn't here yet when that day comes and goes.

But I have nothing against people who want to voice their displeasure. But I do have a problem with the same people flooding the site with thread after thread on the same issue. I come to the site and give my valuable time in an attempt to help others who are having issues with their phone, but it gets very taxing when I have to sift through people reposting the same hate message over and over.

Also, I hope people remember who they are addressing on the site. The majority of users of this community site are Verizon customers with some Verizon employees. If people want to contact Verizon officials who might be able to do something about the Froyo issues (that the customers can't help you with), posting here is the least productive method to getting something accomplished.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

mdram4x4 wrote:

if you think its bad now you shoulda been here for the iphone presale and all the delivery threads ect ect

haha.  Now that was a cluster.  And I find it amusing with all the complaints.  Verizon should just let the handful of us here already with froyo get the others on froyo and then we could move onto something else. lol

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

PJNC284 wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

haha.  Now that was a cluster.  And I find it amusing with all the complaints.  Verizon should just let the handful of us here already with froyo get the others on froyo and then we could move onto something else. lol

they're already complaining about not having gingerbread, wait until ice cream sammich comes out, or oreo pizza, or apple pie.

0 Likes