Re: Free Gear S2 Watch?
eddiechi
Contributor - Level 1

I was also told I would have to pay the $35 restocking fee......unfortunately VZW has failed here and will not take any measures to remedy after being given misinformation and assurances on multiple occasions... 

there are other ways to seek remedy though,  in light of all the facts and mis-facts regarding this pre-order and promo and assurances and promises from VZW reps not to be concerned while the promo is still being currently advertised it might be prudent to contact BBB but even more important is your states Attorney General.....  most states have a web site where you can start a claim = "If you’ve been victimized by fraud, deception, or unfair methods of competition" and have a  Consumer Protection Division under the Attorney General office where you can upload documents etc.....  the more claims filed to the consumer protection department the faster they usually act......   

eddiechi
Contributor - Level 1

"I pre-ordered 2-28 and that day I looked on the website and read the terms and conditions it was there 35,000 for s2 "

Please stop with the false banter......     The original  registration promo page and terms and conditions did not state 35k watches!  I have screen shots and the complete fine print documented.   The web page added the 35k watches after March 4th... it was not there when the pre-order started and it wasn't until after the promo registration page went live on March 4th that this was added.

legendarydave
Enthusiast - Level 1

@eddiechi Any chance you can post those screens or send copies to me? I would love to submit those to my counselor.

Send to [Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]  if you could

0 Likes
eddiechi
Contributor - Level 1

@eddiechi Any chance you can post those screens or send copies to me? I would love to submit those to my counselor.

I already posted screen shots of  them in this forum under another thread for the s7 edge promo right after the terms were changed...  I will have to go back and see which thread it is in or post again shortly.

0 Likes
berlinlt2
Contributor - Level 1

Just telling you what I read after I pre-ordered. You can believe me or not I don't really care. I wish I would have screen shot it but it had quantities limited with the number so I figured I didn't need to. Probably should have incase they lowered it. Nothing false on what I saw. You don't have to get all [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
berlinlt2
Contributor - Level 1

And why would I have to lie about what I saw. I didn't even qualify since I purchased in store

0 Likes
eddiechi
Contributor - Level 1

I am in no means getting "[removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]" I am merely stating a fact....  on Feb 28th there was NOTHING in the fine print that stated 35k, NOTHING even mentioned "watches" in ANY of the terms on Feb 28th.....  it stated "gifts"  only...  I have screen shots from Feb 23rd,  28th March 1st, and 2nd.... and the screen shots  were posted on March 4th when the terms were changed.....  they screen shots are also on other forums....  so whatever you thought you read, is just that...  what you "thought " you read...  anyone can go back in the other thread and READ the screen shots I posted, they do not have to believe you....  but I find it incredibly irresponsible to make claims as fact when not true, especially when many people are concerned about the issues.

0 Likes
berlinlt2
Contributor - Level 1

Guess I was reading the terms and conditions off another samsungpromotions.com/Verizon offer I apologize for what I read

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

SLOCALROB wrote:

"While supplies last," doesn't tell you much. And that disclaimer is on virtually any promotion like this. The supply could've been 35 million, 35,000, or 35.

And anytime we, as consumers, make a purchase, we're making ASSUMPTIONS. We assume that they retailer is going to fulfill the order in accordance with federal and state laws, that we'll receive the product within a reasonable time period, that any advertised promotions will be honored, etc. The Samsung/Verizon promotion simply wasn't handled well. However, it isn't too late for VZW to do something about it. Fingers crossed that they try to make this right for those of us left out due to inadequate supplies (speaking of the phone in this case).

The problem is if they had 3 million but sold 5 million product then the FTC will do nothing at all.  They do not have to accommodate everyone, because they want something as it has already explained while supplies last.  The LG offering said the same thing 2 years in a row, and probably a 3rd time when the G5 comes out.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

eddiechi wrote:

I was also told I would have to pay the $35 restocking fee......unfortunately VZW has failed here and will not take any measures to remedy after being given misinformation and assurances on multiple occasions...

there are other ways to seek remedy though,  in light of all the facts and mis-facts regarding this pre-order and promo and assurances and promises from VZW reps not to be concerned while the promo is still being currently advertised it might be prudent to contact BBB but even more important is your states Attorney General.....  most states have a web site where you can start a claim = "If you’ve been victimized by fraud, deception, or unfair methods of competition" and have a  Consumer Protection Division under the Attorney General office where you can upload documents etc.....  the more claims filed to the consumer protection department the faster they usually act......   

$200 that it'll fall flat your AG will do NOTHING because the terms are there, and if people followed the links they'd see the terms.  They don't hide it either.  LG promotion went through the SAME thing 2 years in a row.  They are not going to take it down until ALL items are gone not because what you wanted is all taken up.

0 Likes