Free Gear S2 Watch?
steelwoolghandi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am supposed to get a free Samsung Gear S2 Watch with the purchase of a Samsung S7 Phone here is the info:

How to claim this offer.

1. Purchase a new Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge on device payments before 3/18/16
  2. Register your new device at SamsungPromotions.com/VerizonOffer.

From 2/23/16 through 3/18/16, purchase a Samsung GS7 or GS7 edge on device payment. For details to claim the free Samsung Gear S2 or Gear VR offer, visit SamsungPromotions.com/VerizonOffer. Offer claim form and valid purchase receipt must be submitted online by 3/31/16 at 11:59:59 PM EST. Subject to verification, customers will receive offer within approximately 4–6 weeks after verification of offer claim.

I Went to the Samsung Promotions.com/Verizonoffer and all they offer is the Gear VR. I dont want the Gear I want the Watch like they say they offer (this is the whole reason I went online to purchase! I am to old to play games on a VR and the watch is what I would use. So is this some type of scam to get you to purchase online or is there another place I can get the free watch???? What is Verizon pulling here?

I was on Chat and they could not help me at all they just gave me the link and it goes to the VR still no watch. They were not helpful in anyway that's another reason I smell a scam!

So Verizon and Samsung whats up is it a real thing here???

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Free Gear S2 Watch?
mama23dogs
Legend

AS this add says, register the new phone to get the promo.   You can't register until you have the phone in hand.

image.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you want we can trade I purchased the T-Mobile version for work and I will get that one lol  I'd rather have the watch

Tidbits
Legend

lol nevermind you think like me and I read it wrong.

mama23dogs
Legend

AS this add says, register the new phone to get the promo.   You can't register until you have the phone in hand.

image.png

0 Likes
steelwoolghandi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Again I go to SamsungPromotions.com/Verizonoffer and no place to register for the Watch just the VR. I have the Receipt because I paid for the phone completely today and I have the Confirmation number. I was told I could order the watch as long as I did those two thing online. They have the VR info up but no Watch info???  

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

it won't go live until they ship.  Also they won't approve it until after the return dates.

mama23dogs
Legend

You cannot "register" until you activate the new phone, which you cannot do until it is in your hands.

I have recently "registered" A GS6, they sent me an email once I activated with my Samsung account.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

And the watch seems to be a Verizon only deal.

0 Likes
salexander31

It's not through Samsung so that website won't offer the watch. I contacted Samsung today and received an email from the promotions department. They said it's through Verizon and not them.

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
GregS221
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't get so worked up about it.   If you read the fine print on the Samsung redemption site where you can sign up for an email to be reminded about the program you will notice some key things.

1- the redemption site goes live on 3/4/16

2- in the fine print at the bottom there is a link that takes you to the terms.  Those terms outline that if you did purchased online through Verizon, you can chose from the two.  It list the different programs from each company.

So basically check back on 3/4 and register for your watch.  (they chose the color evidently so you may have to trade for the one you want).  Hope this helps.

0 Likes