Freezing Samsung fascinate
ttrap

My Fascinate is only a month old but it freezes and the only way to fix it is to take the battery out.  The screen gets dull and then goes snowy as it's freezing.  Today it was on perpetual vibrate until I took out the battery...   Is this happening to anyone else?  I checked for updates but there was nothing.  I am hoping for a fix as opposed to geting a new phone.

0 Likes
Re: Freezing Samsung fascinate
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Sounds like an app has gone bad.  I would either remove all apps and reinstall one and a time and see if one causes the issue or do a factory reset and start from scratch.

0 Likes
mlalonde

This is exactly what is happening with my phone - have you been able to find a fix?

0 Likes
nzarach

This has been happening to me too. I don't particularly enjoy that I have to take the battery out so often just so my phone will work. I have the latest update, have had a previous factory reset and bad app removal at the store. Besides this problem my back button consistently freezes resulting in screen shots that I didn't intend to take. Between the issues I had before the update and what's going on now I really wish I splurged and got a phone that would actually have worked like its supposed to.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ttrap, thank you for sharing your issues about your Fascinate. I understand why you would want to have the phone fixed as opposed to replacing it. The first thing I would suggest trying is to boot the phone into safe mode. This disables third party applications to see if one of them may be causing the issues. Try leaving it in safe mode for awhile to see how it operates. If still having issues, I suggest a hard reset

0 Likes