From 3G to 3G D to Nothing
Lepik84
Enthusiast - Level 3

So i have had my Samsung Fascinate for just about a month now. In my house and everything there has always been really good 3G connection. Last 2 nights my phone will go from 3G to 3G D to no icon and when i dont have the icon I cannot connect to the internet, market etc.... I called Verizon and the agent said that he could see the signal was weak. He troubleshot and could not find anything causing the reason. So he had me do the *228 option 2, etc... I even factory restored my phone. He opened a troubleticket and said i would hear back. The guy working that ticket called and said you are only set up for 1x data in your area and should not be getting 3G. I said "Ok well how come i have 3G part of the day and not other parts" he said "oh well you data plan is not configured for 3G" so i said "Ok set it up for 3G than" so he did. It is still the same flipping problem. I really dont want to call them again.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: From 3G to 3G D to Nothing
Lepik84
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK WOW!!!

I really do not wanna jinx myself however on XDA forums i found out a possible fix for this.

Get and old verizon phone.

Call customer care and update the MEID on the back,

call *228 option 1 and activate the new phone

Wait 10 min call customer care back and update the MEID to the fascinate

Call *228 option 1 and activate Fascinate

I did this about 30 min ago and have not lost data 1 once. Perfect 3g service now and now signal loss.

DONT ask me how or why this works and I dont get credit but this totally worked!!! over 3 hours on phone with customer care and this did it in 10 min!!!!

Worth a shot for anyone having issues with Fascinate and DATA

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: From 3G to 3G D to Nothing
Lepik84
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK WOW!!!

I really do not wanna jinx myself however on XDA forums i found out a possible fix for this.

Get and old verizon phone.

Call customer care and update the MEID on the back,

call *228 option 1 and activate the new phone

Wait 10 min call customer care back and update the MEID to the fascinate

Call *228 option 1 and activate Fascinate

I did this about 30 min ago and have not lost data 1 once. Perfect 3g service now and now signal loss.

DONT ask me how or why this works and I dont get credit but this totally worked!!! over 3 hours on phone with customer care and this did it in 10 min!!!!

Worth a shot for anyone having issues with Fascinate and DATA

0 Likes