Froyo Issues
fascinateuser96

Ever since I received the Froyo update I have had poor battery life. Now I know that a lot of other people are having this problem too but that's not the only issue I've had since the update. I've also had an issue with the screenshots option. The phone seems to have a mind of it's own taking screenshots by itself and after it takes the screenshot my lock button will not work. I have to wait until the screen goes black then the button will start working again. I called Verizon and talked to a technical service rep and he had me do a factory reset but it didn't fix any of these issues. So I was wondering if anyone else was having these issues and if anyone knew a solution. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Froyo Issues
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Since you have already done a factory reset, the next step would be to replace the device under your manufacturer's warranty. Please send us a personal message with your account and contact information so that we can better assist you. 

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2

fascinateuser96 wrote:

Ever since I received the Froyo update I have had poor battery life. Now I know that a lot of other people are having this problem too but that's not the only issue I've had since the update. I've also had an issue with the screenshots option. The phone seems to have a mind of it's own taking screenshots by itself and after it takes the screenshot my lock button will not work. I have to wait until the screen goes black then the button will start working again. I called Verizon and talked to a technical service rep and he had me do a factory reset but it didn't fix any of these issues. So I was wondering if anyone else was having these issues and if anyone knew a solution. Thanks.

*user96,

I'm not sure about your screenshot problem, but I have seen a lot of posts about poor battery life.  The best thing I can offer as advice before exchanging the phone is:

1.  Do a factory data reset.  You will loose your apps and some info though.  Backup your contacts at the very least before you do this.  It will take your phone to a state just like you took it out of the box.  I've done it, it sucks.  However, it cleans up some files and caches that can become corrupted. (and it's known to happen with the latest update to Froyo).

2.  Do a battery bump.  Charge the phone while it's on to 100%.  Unplug charger, turn off phone, plug charger back in and let it go to 100% (again).  Turn phone back on, plug in charger and again let it go to 100%.  Unplug charger and monitor...  This will "re-sync" your battery with the phone.

I would try #2 first.  It will help the battery issue, but obviously will not help the other problem.

Like I mentioned, I've done both and I definately noticed improvement in both battery life and phone performance.

Hope this helps!

Ed sends

0 Likes
sandiegorick

Froyo update-   currently I think I should've passed on the update.    Phone slowed down, and worst part is vibration is so weak I am missing calls.  This was not a problem before hands.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

sandiegorick wrote:

Froyo update-   currently I think I should've passed on the update.    Phone slowed down, and worst part is vibration is so weak I am missing calls.  This was not a problem before hands.

You can always go back to 2.1 if not happy with Froyo
0 Likes
graysayer

nickjr wrote:

sandiegorick wrote:

I am now ready how do I go back?

0 Likes
h1derly

I also updated my Fascinate to Froyo and have terrible battery issues.  Used to run for 2 days with morderate useage.  Now I'm lucky if I get one full day.  I also want to know how to go back to 2.1.  Verizon can you help?

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

graysayer wrote:

nickjr wrote:

sandiegorick wrote:

I wish I could give you step by step but I am not able due to verizon policy, but if you do a google search, you can easily find the answer.
0 Likes
graysayer

I

nickjr wrote:

graysayer wrote:

nickjr wrote:

sandiegorick wrote:

I wish I could give you step by step but I am not able due to verizon policy, but if you do a google search, you can easily find the answer.

I wish you could as well. After much searching as you recomended it does not appear to be as easy or as straight forward as it was to get to the point where I am now (2.2)

If you can point me in a direction that is straight forward language for a simple type such as myself it would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea the first step to take after reading for hours.

I need SIMPLE. I am not computer smart like most on here.

Thanks

0 Likes
magsgundah
Enthusiast - Level 2

graysayer wrote:

I wish you could as well. After much searching as you recomended it does not appear to be as easy or as straight forward as it was to get to the point where I am now (2.2)

If you can point me in a direction that is straight forward language for a simple type such as myself it would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea the first step to take after reading for hours.

I need SIMPLE. I am not computer smart like most on here.

Thanks

I'm personally of the belief that going to the dentist is a trip to be taken only by those who have a great sense of direction (ie.. the more than computer-literate folk) and not for those of us who rely on GPS (ie. specific directions.)

0 Likes