Froyo Update-Samsung
techlife2

To All:   In case everyone hasn't read this, Samsung released some information through PC Magazine....This guy, Kahn, stated Samsung's update to Froyo 2.2 was imminent (real, real close to becoming a reality for all the major carriers)   The article was released on 17 February 2011.  I am not sure what imminent means in their world but, it has been almost 3 weeks since he made that statement - and he is suppose to be the one who knows - go figure! 

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2380471,00.asp

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Froyo Update-Samsung
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi.

I understand your frustration surrounding the delay with Froyo; however, Verizon Wireless began pushing Android 2.2, Froyo, to the Samsung Fascinate on April 21, 2011.  Enhancements include support for Adobe Flash Player.  You can visit www.verizonwireless.com/fascinatesupport for more information and download instructions for the software update. Customers will also be able to download the update manually by going to Settings > About Phone > Update Phone.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

They were correct at least for the Epic and Captivate as the update was made available the following week but Sprint pulled theirs because of issues.

0 Likes
gsp10
Yeah Us fascinate owners will never see that update
0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

If this article was a movie, it would be a comedy! Why does samsung need a chief strategy officer? The strategy is simple, provide updates in a timely manner for your paying customers. My strategy is never again to buy a samsung cell phone.

This guy Kahn said  "We're competitive and we plan on remaining competitive. We're like to be as quick as possible," he said. "The only way we can prove ourselves is by delivering future upgrades." You only get one chance to make a good first impression, samsung you really blew this one!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

This was their second chance.  Samsung was already known for having a poor update support history prior to the Galaxy S line of devices.  The Galaxy S was supposed to change that but was an epic fail in the US.

0 Likes
gsp10
they blew it for me I dont even care for the galaxy s 2 that phone can go shove it.motorola is what I'm going to go with next time
0 Likes
Droidbotics
You got that right, it would be insane for Samsung to market the s 2 as heavily as they did with the first Gen galaxy. Everybody already know how badly they screwed U.S. owners.
0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi.

I understand your frustration surrounding the delay with Froyo; however, Verizon Wireless began pushing Android 2.2, Froyo, to the Samsung Fascinate on April 21, 2011.  Enhancements include support for Adobe Flash Player.  You can visit www.verizonwireless.com/fascinatesupport for more information and download instructions for the software update. Customers will also be able to download the update manually by going to Settings > About Phone > Update Phone.

Thank you,

0 Likes