Froyo Update says to be successful but looks to be a fail?
Gocampo

So I just found about about the Froyo update and was very excited and quick to go and have that done. When the device rebooted all appeared okay until I tried to do things. Media scanner completes but I have no 3G at all and when I try to open some apps (Facebook, Handcent) it's just the background that loads. I checked the status of the update and it said it was successful. I tried rebooting the device (which seems to be taking irritatingly long now) and the same result occurs. Any help?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Froyo Update says to be successful but looks to be a fail?
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your troubleshooting. Adding to what was said, please try pulling the battery out of device and putting it back in, restarting the device. I am providing you a link to view our online simulator for additional assistance. 

Fascinate Simulator

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Guardian452com
I wiped my phone before and after the update, and it couldn't be more flawless, my one and only suggestion is to backup and wipe
0 Likes
Gcamp

How do you back it up and wipe it?

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

Gcamp wrote:

How do you back it up and wipe it?

Copy all your important data to your pc and use the backup on your phone to backup your contacts to verizon First, try this: 1. From the main home screen, tap menu 2. Tap Settings, then Privacy 3. Tap Factory data reset 4. Tap Reset phone 5. Enter your password, then tap Yes to confirm If that doesn't work, or if your phone is frozen: 1. Turn the power off. If your Samsung Fascinate is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it 2. Hold the Volume Down button 3. Press and release the Power button 4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock 5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button 6. Press and release the Power button 7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the Samsung Fascinate. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.
0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your troubleshooting. Adding to what was said, please try pulling the battery out of device and putting it back in, restarting the device. I am providing you a link to view our online simulator for additional assistance. 

Fascinate Simulator

0 Likes