Any idea when the 2.2 update is available for the fascinate

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Froyo
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi.

Verizon Wireless began pushing Android 2.2, Froyo, to the Samsung Fascinate on April 21, 2011.  Enhancements include support for Adobe Flash Player.  You can visit www.verizonwireless.com/fascinatesupport for more information and download instructions for the software update. Customers will also be able to download the update manually by going to Settings > About Phone > Update Phone.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CD867

I wanna know when its coming out too. Hoping it will fix some of the bugs on the phone. Voice search, and or dialing never works... Plus GPS definitely has its issues.

0 Likes
Swliles89

Froyo for the American series of Galaxy S phones is still in testing but the good news is Verizon Wireless is releasing a maintenance update for the Fascinate sometime between the end of this week(Black Friday weekend) and the first week of December.It's suppose to fix the problems with the internal GPS and many other little tweaks of the phone,about 30 to be precise.That's all for now.Hang in there Froyoans. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
bball1794

Just wondering if any of these updates will allow for the audio port to work on both the car mount and the mount for the home.  This was one feature I was really looking forward to using.

Swliles89 wrote:

Froyo for the American series of Galaxy S phones is still in testing but the good news is Verizon Wireless is releasing a maintenance update for the Fascinate sometime between the end of this week(Black Friday weekend) and the first week of December.It's suppose to fix the problems with the internal GPS and many other little tweaks of the phone,about 30 to be precise.That's all for now.Hang in there Froyoans. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Swliles89

I would think so @bball1794,Samsung has been trying really hard lately behind the scenes, to get back to it's real consumer base with cell clientel.If the feature your speaking of isn't addressed, gather in numbers,that always seems to put fire on their heels and get the wheels of progress moving.

0 Likes
yoworm
0 Likes
yoworm

Verizon already has FROYO but we are existing customers who are of no concern they want to entice new customers with iphone and not update the firmware of their exsisting customers.  They rope you into a 2 year contract with an early termination fee of 350 and then wont update your device.  So instead of having a great new smart phone with current updates you have an under performing device that your stuck with for two years.  I thought the mysterious fees and chargers were the only way verizon screwed us but now we they are screwing us by holding FROYO hostage.  Incidentally gingerbread will be ready for distribution anytime and we do not have FROYO.  Great to know where we rate as customers.  How bout a verizon representative not only provide us with a release date but also an explanation of why we are being put on hold

0 Likes
Swliles89

I'm going to  go ahead and assume your frustrated ^

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

GET OVER YOURSELVES, it's not like we're the only android users without froyo, while I agree we should have it, this phone works well without it. they mat also be just waiting until gingerbread comes out, since it's supposedly around the corner.

0 Likes
Swliles89

yeah..anyhow..i'm pretty excited to hear what they have to say at the big LTE get-together tomorrow.

0 Likes