Re: Froyo
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
As PJ wrote, here is an article posting about the Epic 4g froyo update wasn't official and was just a leak.
http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-says-froyo-epic-4g-just-leak-advise-not-install

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RickBNA

If you guys hate VZW so much do what I did last year... BUY OUT OF YOUR CONTARCT and go with another carrier.

Then you can do what I did after that... BUY OUT F THAT CONTRACT as well as soon as you realize that VZW REALLY does have the best coverage.

{please keep your posts courteous} You knew your device had 2.1 when you bought it. if you wanted 2.2 or 2.3 you should have waited.

The sense of entitlement amazes me! I want it and I want it NOW!!!

0 Likes
Spinnum

I knew the device was 2.1, but when I was asked by the Verizon salesman if I wanted to add the car dock to the purchase I asked him when 2.2 was coming out since the little sticker over the audio port said 'Not available until 2.2".  The Verizon salesperson told me the update will be out very soon...like 2 to 3 weeks.  That was in September.  Now Verizon had no problem taking my money for the now useless car dock.  Not really a sense of entitlement issue, more of a not getting what I paid for issue.  

0 Likes
RickBNA

Sorry you got lied to, but here is something to remember:

NEVER believe ANYTHING a COMMISSIONED sales person tells you. They get paid based on the number of units/signed contracts/accessories or insurance packages they sell you.

Unfortunately, SOME of them will tell you anything you want to hear.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Verizon needs to hurry up and "officially" release dj05 for the Fascinate if they're going to keep putting off froyo.  It's not Froyo but the gps lag is gone and the backlight on the soft touch buttons stay on until the screen times out.  Just installed and this is probably the way the Fascinate should've been out of the box.

0 Likes
Spinnum

Thats not an acceptable excuse for me.  I really don't know why you are making excuses for very poor business practices and trying to put the blame on the customer...puzzling.  That being said, I love the phone and can live without a lot of the features that 2.2 will bring.  But it irritates the hell out of me that they will sell and advertise a function of an accessory that is close to 4 months and counting from being available to use.  

0 Likes
crazyst

This is encouraging to read that the GPS lag might be fixed with the next release.

Curt

0 Likes
JoeBobHarris
Enthusiast - Level 3

- First, Verizon/Samsung are buffoons for not updating the Fascinate. Incompetent from a business/marketing perspective. Period

- As a customer, if you didn't like the phone with 2.1, you shouldn't have purchased it assuming software updates would make you like the device. (And yes to be honest I have done this so I'm guilty of this and not slamming you. I'm saying this for my benefit as much as anyone else's) If customers refused to purchase a device then all parties would be more motivated to get with the plan.

- Considering how much you will spend with V on a 2 year contract, if you are unhappy, then $350 is money well spent.Spend the money and get out. That also sends a message to V. They hate losing customers. When you cancel be sure to tell them to ...

[Please keep it clean - Thanks!] If you can't afford the $350 then you better learn to like your device.

Truth be told no other carrier/phone combo lives up to the experience of THAT OTHER PHONE. Period. That other company manages the experience of THEIR customers IN SPITE OF the carrier. It's why V doesn't have that phone. V (and all carriers) are  hell bent on using their customers as "targets" to get them with "gotcha" apps and fees vs. building a relationship.

0 Likes
Soulchaser
Enthusiast - Level 3

Really?  Is that why THAT OTHER COMPANY finished DEAD LAST in Customer Service Analysis? I don't see what all the fuss over 2.2 is. My phone works absolutely fine without it, I have no need for a docking station, it serves no useful purpose. Verizon doesn't need THAT OTHER PHONE either, but I know that they are getting it and that is fine, I will stay with my Android device simply because of the ease of use, the vast app market, scratch resistant screen, Super AMOLED screen is AWESOME,  I don't use the gps enough for it to bother me,

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Welp, I'm sure everyone will just love the latest trip through the rumor mill posted by someone over on xda.  DJ05 or newer would be a nice Christmas present for most people but it won't make anyone looking for flash or a working audio jack on the docks happy.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=877707

""Any further updates as to when we will be releasing Froyo 2.2 for the Fascinate??"

To which the moderator responded: "Currently preparing to release MR2 (fixes only), FROYO will follow (early next year). The load is too large to put FROYO 2.2 into MR2."

I do not know what build MR2 is, but Big Red simply refers to builds as MRx, where x = the number of builds (read: times) they've updated. So the jump from DH12 to DI01 is considered MR1, this would be MR2. I however assume its DJ05 or even a newer build which has DJ05 and bug fixes that came from that, but we'll have to wait and see.

That being said, the moderator who responded is a VERY technical person and RELAYS actual device issues to all the OEMS on a daily basis. I would take his statements as fact, hes in charge of the internal forums for ALL phones, company wide, its about the most official, strictly technical, non marketing garbage answer you're going to get. Its his job to know this stuff...."

0 Likes