Frozen and won't reboot "Downloading... Do not turn off Target!!!"
Smooner1
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, I'm just checking email this morning, and it froze on a message.  I didn't download anything, just trying to read the stupid email and it froze.  It wouldn't respond to anything.  My buttons on the bottom would turn off as I touched them as if they might respond eventually, but they never did.  I waited, patiently. Nothing.  So I tried to shut the phone off, it wouldn't respond to that either.  Still stuck on the stupid email message.  So, I pulled the battery and put it back, tried to start it and it was stuck on the Samsung logo.  Wouldn't change, move along or anything.  Tried to pull the battery again, same thing.  So, I'm here on the internet and look up reset procedures and I try the one about the volume down button and the power button.  So, here I am at the android man shoveling spit and "Downloading... Do not turn off Target!!!  What the ham sam?  It's stuck again, but now on this screen.  Anyone have anything for me to try or should I just go return my phone?  I just activated this one maybe 3 weeks ago.  =(

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Frozen and won't reboot "Downloading... Do not turn off Target!!!"
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Smooner1,

Thank you for your inquiry. I am sending you a private message to help address your concerns with your device. I am hopeful we can resolve the concerns to help the device get back to working again. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
It is probably downloading the ED03 update. A system OS update to Android 2.2 (FroYo)

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Info in this post.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Samsung-Fascinate/ED03/td-p/529086

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Smooner1
Enthusiast - Level 3
But how long does it take to download? If it's just a patch, it shouldn't take that long, right? Maybe I should take mine in?
0 Likes
Smooner1
Enthusiast - Level 3
This has nothing to do with the update or it wouldn't be taking 2 hours to download anything. Does anyone else have any suggestions other than throwing it put the window?
0 Likes
planeruler

If you've had it less that 30 days why don't you take it back and get another phone?

0 Likes
Smooner1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I actually did end up talking to a technician on the phone.  2 actually and they were very nice and knowledgeable but it ended up we couldn't get the phone going?  Then, at 11:30 pm, it turns on!!!! Scared the crap out of me and said it was in recovery mode, so I let it but then it stared forclosing apps, like daily briefing and the INVOPATH or something like that said it wanted to update but it never did.  Anyway, my new/refurbished one is on it's way.  I love Verizon!  Always helpful!  Maybe this phone was just a dud.  But, the one good thing about it actually turning back on even if it was still messed up, I got to factory reset it so my info wasn't on there anymore before I send it back int.  That makes me feel a little better.  Oh well, thanks for listening.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

factory reset may not erase your sd card

0 Likes
Smooner1
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, factory reset doesn't delete the sd card which is good because I don't give that back to them when I send my phone back. 

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Smooner1,

Thank you for your inquiry. I am sending you a private message to help address your concerns with your device. I am hopeful we can resolve the concerns to help the device get back to working again. 

0 Likes