Frustrated with the JB update!
steveke
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the update first thing Saturday morning. I was so happy with this phone and ICS, never a crash, never an issue.....NOW....my phone keeps rebooting all day long....even in the middle of phone conversations. It seems to have a life of his own.

Tex ting doesn't work properly and the battery life is gone completely. Some of the apps are not functional, especially the FB app.

After calling 611 they told me that there could be a conflict with the installed apps (which I get somehow) and that I had to do a Master reset....so I did. Still same issues.

Maybe I can get some answers here. (BTW, the first Verizon technician I spoke with, didn't have clue that there was JB upgrade on my phone...which was kind of funny.) He had to switch me to a higher technical entity....

0 Likes
Re: Frustrated with the JB update!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are two types of master reset. One where your settings and applications are restored automatically after the reset and the other one is where you reset the phone and don't let Google restore your settings and applications.

Make sure you do the factory reset without restoring your previous settings. This will prevent any application or setting conflict to return and create the same problem again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Frustrated with the JB update!
steveke
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's the one I did.....wish I could go back to ICS. My phone frustrates me.

0 Likes